Qu drive

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu drive

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of CDAsoundguy CDAsoundguy 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tobs
    Tobs
    Participant

My QU-16 isn’t accepting most of my usb sticks. I heard there is something you can do to the usb on the computer to fix this,something like reformatting or something, if so how do I do this.

cheers

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

What do you mean by “isn’t accepting”
    The format is well defined in the QU manual IIRC – but the desk should be able to format it for you anyway.

Profile photo of Dags
    Dags
    Participant

Try formatting the USB stick as FAT32 (or exFAT for Mac – I think) first.
    Then plug it into the Qu16 and reformat to Qu.

It will still be able to be read by the computer but don’t use it for normal computer file transfer – leave it as your Qu stick.

Dags

Profile photo of Tobs
    Tobs
    Participant

Bob
    I mean that when I put in a usb stick it doesn’t give me the option to format it.
    The format button is greyed out and you cant press it.

Thanks Dags I’ll try that and let you know how it goes.

cheers

Tobs

Profile photo of Kevin
    Kevin
    Participant

I am having similar problems with our Qu-32. Here is the process I had to go through to install the 1.9 firmware upgrade.
    I loaded the firmware update onto the stick I have been using on the desk that I also use to backup scenes and EQ settings.
    Plugged it into the desk to find the desk would not recognize that the stick was in the Q-Drive.
    – I reformatted the stick on my Mac
    – I the plugged it into the desk where it was recognized, and I reformatted it as a q-drive stick
    – I again put the update file on the stick
    – plugged it into the desk and was able to update the desk
    However after the desk rebooted with the update, it again would not recognize the stick. I rebooted the desk several times to no avail.
    I was out of time so I later the next day reformatted the stick on my Mac, plugged it in the desk where it was again recognized so I reformatted it and was able to copy all the backup files.

This is getting tedious.

Kevin

Profile photo of Dags
    Dags
    Participant

I agree Kevin.
    That would be frustrating!
    Could just be that this USB stick is not wanting to play nice with the desk…not holding its format correctly?
    Have you tried another brand & capacity stick?

Profile photo of Kevin
    Kevin
    Participant

The stick is one that we purchased because it was listed on the approved flash drive list. As an FYI, when the desk stops recognizing the stick, it also will not Communicate with the Mac via USB B.

Profile photo of Dags
    Dags
    Participant

Kevin, that actually sounds like a fault with the desk itself if both USB ports drop out simultaneously.
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news 🙁

A&H reps regularly check the forum and can advise you on the best course of action to get it checked out.

Profile photo of CDAsoundguy
    CDAsoundguy
    Participant

Having the same issue with QU-24 Which format did you use on the Mac before formatting on the desk?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.