Qu design flaws

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu design flaws

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mamerica mamerica 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

There are two things that make the work on this mixer kind of stressful:

– Layers have only one tiny LED each!!
    – Mixes and Master have only one tiny LED each!!

And the buttons don’t fully light up. Instead you just see a tiny point. And to make it worse, all the same color.

These two things should be clearly visible without having to pay so much attention: layers and mixes. Instead you always have to double-check if you’re in the right mix and layer. The first flaw was already corrected in the Qu24.

I’m happy I haven’t bought yet. Bellringer offers more, Soundcraft has a better user interface, the Qu has the multichannel direct USB recording.
    Difficult decision.

Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

You can adjust the brightness of the LED’s by holding down Setup * Button and turning the encoder. I had just the opposite problem when I first played around with mine. I had to turn them down.

The new Qu-24 has additional LED’s above the faders.

I think the trick to working with layers (and it is mentioned in the manual) is to always return to the main layer after adjusting something else.

Lastly, if you can use the custom layer, you can mix and match inputs and outputs from the different layers so you don’t have to switch very often.

Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

Here is a picture of the new LED’s that indicate the current layer on the Qu-24

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.