QU DAW Webinar

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU DAW Webinar

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alrod Alrod 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

I watched the webinar last night. The folks at A&H did an outstanding job! I am using the Windows DAW update without any issues. I have decided to now start using my QU-16 in the studio for dedicated drum tracking. Any ideas suggestions as to the set up? Mic wise this is how the physical set up will look:

Kick – 1 mic
    Snare – 1 mic
    Rack Tom – 1 mic
    Floor Tom 1 mic
    Overheads -2 mic’s

So what is the best way to set up the QU-16 for tracking only? I would also like to use the onboard compression. I would also in some cases like to use some outboard preamps and compressors. What is the best way to set those up? Thanks in advance!

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

@alrod Hi Al, thanks! For tracking with Qu-16 I’d suggest having channels 1-16 source assigned to Local inputs, then ST1 and ST2 source to USB-B. To use processing on the “way in” make sure the CH/ST Source is set to DIRECT OUTS in the SETUP > I/O Patch > USB Audio.
    In the ROUTING menu you can change the tap-off point for the Direct Out. Post Compressor will allow you to use your onboard Dynamics when recording.

For outboard processors, you would need to set up send / return channels for these bits of hardware.
    Use a Mix out like you would a monitor, then return the processed signal back to the local inputs of the mixer.
    If this is a stereo processor, use a stereo mix out to send and a pair of linked channels to return, for a mono processor just use a mono mix and 1 input channel.
    I should have some template show files available in the Qu User Library of the Community shortly.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks.
    Harry.

Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

Thanks Harry!
    I think the template idea is a great one, looking forward to it. And again, I cannot thank you enough for the outstanding job you did on the webinar. I learned a lot!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.