QU control via Windows

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions QU control via Windows

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of rgirona rgirona 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of aarong
    aarong
    Participant

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP NEGLECTING THE WINDOWS COMMUNITY! It would be a huge benefit to me and I am sure others to be able to run our QU mixers from our Windows computers. While we know Apple has a strangle hold on the digital music market some of us still prefer non Apple products. I use our QU 32 in church services, rehearsals and recordings from the stage and I am constantly in need of being able to access the QU while maintaining other duties on my iPad. I read my music from the iPad and it is not at all efficient to log back in to QU Pad or worse go from the stage to the desk to help out one of my engineers (I only have one highly trained engineer and he’s not always available. So I often have my less seasoned crew or no one at all by myself to run live keys, bass, lead vocals along with mixing/routing duties. Windows QU control would be invaluable for me and again I am sure for many, many windows users.

Thank you so much for your excellent product. Such an addition would boast my opinion and recommendation of Allen and Heath even higher.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

please, we all discussed these topic alredy to death…
    I need very urgent totally different things

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Not to be an ass but isn’t the obvious solution to put your music on the laptop ?

Giga

SteffenR
    Participant

🙂

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

Otherwise buy a second ipad.

There was from the beginning never mentioned that there will be a windows editor.

If this is so important for you why have you bought this board.

Windows remote control is available on the gld and the dlive.

Profile photo of aarong
    aarong
    Participant

Obvious(music on laptop), but not geographically desirable. Actually, I’ve thought about it and tried and I don’t have that as a functional option.

Budget kept me in QU territory.

I had hoped I wouldn’t be as needed for hands on at the board while playing.

Will be getting a second iPad.

Had just hoped for some eventual love for the Windows community.

Thanks to all

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

As an in between: If the adjustments you have to make from the stage aren’t too complicated you could even run the Q-control app on an android phone or tablet

Giga

Profile photo of Drummer Tom
    Drummer Tom
    Participant

Amen, amen, and amen. How many times can I say this? Finally, HP filters on outputs? A support person tried to tell me that using the graphic would yield the same results. Wonder where he got HIS electrical engineering degree……

Profile photo of aarong
    aarong
    Participant

I will likely end up getting a second iPad or a tablet. I was just trying to get by in the meantime. My old iPad has become unstable for viewing music and I’m often the only pitched instrument on stage and the leader, so the thought of a iPad crash is terrifying. In the meantime I’ll just soldier on… Thanks all!

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

aarong, I just installed an Android emulator on my Windows 10 desktop, Droid4X, and was able to install and run Mixing Station. I’m not at the board so don’t know for sure if it actually works, but it, or some other emulator, is something you might look into. There may even be an iOS emulator out there that will work with A&H’s apps.

Profile photo of aarong
    aarong
    Participant

You, Sir, are a beautiful man! I’ll check it out . Thanks!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Printed music never crashes…

SteffenR
    Participant

ahhhh come on Bob… don’t say that to the young guy’s
    😉

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Printed music never crashes…

But but but….. Ipads never go a-flying 🙂

Profile photo of aarong
    aarong
    Participant

I am trying to be green. Plus ask my band how many trees my song books has felled. How manu forests…;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.