QU-Control panel showing channel mutes

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions QU-Control panel showing channel mutes

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Hi Nicola,
    Caught myself out nicely tonight:/
    I was using ST3 for break music and after the first break I muted it on the iPad.
    When the second set had ended and I started the music up again via the Qu-control on the qu-pac; the value scrolled up, the signal bar was moving, but no sound.
    Unplugged and re plugged then after a few minutes it dawned on me I had muted it on the iPad.
    There was no indication on the ST3 button in the qu-control window to show the channel was muted.
    Would it be possible to add a red diagonal line or “red out” the button to show when muted?
    Might be handy….

robbocurry
    Participant

Here’s a pic of ST3 selected and muted. No indication at all that it’s muted. (Bottom, 2nd from right)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Seems very basic that the console should always reflect the status of a channel regardless of what actuates it.

robbocurry
    Participant

Yup George, I agree!
    You said what I meant in a quarter of the space it took me.
    Very eloquent and to the point! 🙂

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I think it would, but that screen doesn’t show mute status even if done locally I presume…

robbocurry
    Participant

Nothing at all for input channels Bob.

I’ll probably not make the same mistake again. Luckily I was not under pressure, it was my own gig.
    However I can see a scenario with a dance troupe standing on stage (or a bride and groom in the middle of the floor) glaring down wondering why their track hasn’t started……yikes!!!
    I think it would be a simple but beneficial mod to a very slick interface.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yep, looks like a good suggestion.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.