Qu-Control help required

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-Control help required

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dave71
    Dave71
    Participant

Hello. I’m struggling a bit with Qu-control, currently got it setup and functioning perfectly for tonight’s show with my band.

However, I’m a bit stuck with swapping between shows as all the data seems to disappear. I had the app setup last night for another show and saved everything prior to shut down. When I recalled lasts night show to check something all the app data was gone, as was the data when I swapped back to tonight’s show. Had to start setting up the app again.

Question is – is the app data supposed to be stored with a show or not. On the last 3 shows with my band, I never used the desk in between and the app data was present – only disappears if I swap shows.

Thanks

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @Dave71

The Qu-Control setup is held in the mixer and stored with the show.

This is so that any iPad you connect to the mixer will show the same set of controls and it also means that you can have different controls for different setups.
    Qu-Control was initially developed for the Qu-Pac which has a dedicated Qu-Control screen, so the app is really mirroring that.

To have the same set of controls for different shows will therefore require you to set them up each time. Or build each show from a template where you have set up the controls as you most commonly use them.

Thanks!
    Keith

Profile photo of Dave71
    Dave71
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Keith. Unfortunately I do need completely different shows so will have to make sure I have time to setup the app each time.

Cheers

Dave

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

What functions are you wanting to control with QU Control?

Profile photo of Dave71
    Dave71
    Participant

Mike, all of our band members sort their own monitor mixes (5 mixes) and some others i work with also like to have the option to do their own mixes too. I only give them send levels for their mix so they can’t interfere with anything else.

ideally id like to setup a default show but am a bit light on channels when we use a dep drummer (qu-16 electric vs acoustic kit). Some of the other shows i do have numerous acoustic instruments and vocals so i have a separate show for that.

Possibly theres a work around with scenes?
    Thanks

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

It sounds like you should be looking at the “QU You” app and not “QU Control”.
    QU You does exactly what you want it to do.

Each person can select their mix and they can not get any where else in the mixer
    other than the mix sends for their selected mix.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.