Qu-Control

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Qu-Control

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of PEJ PEJ 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of PEJ
    PEJ
    Participant

I have been configuring and operating a Qu-24 and AB168 installed in a church setting since October and it is fantastic! It replaced an old mixer and snake without enough inputs and outputs to properly set up a band with appropriate monitors. I just got my hands on an iPad and Qu-Pad and I am amazed. Thanks A&H.

On to my request.
    I would like a new app; I’d call it Qu-Control and Allen and Heath, you may have the name! It would run on an old iPhone or Android smartphone. It would be limited to the following – Softkeys with labels, record/pause/stop, and shutdown.
    One Sunday service has a full band setup and operator, but other services on Sunday (eg: 8am -yawn) and during the week simply require a wireless and two podium mics – Softkey1.
    The system is powered from two sequencing power bars (sound desk and amp rack) with remote low voltage power switches located at convenient spots. We could run without an operator for these small services.
    I would mount an old Android up front next the the Power button and basic operation could occur without ever visiting the desk.
    This is a forum so I am open to ideas and suggestions while we wait for A&H to release my idea ;-). What are the pitfalls?

Thanks,

Peter

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Most could be done via the existing protocols. A raspi with a few physical buttons could do what you are looking for – but it takes a bit of Dev and support…

Profile photo of PEJ
    PEJ
    Participant

Thank you A&H.

Back in December I asked for new functionality and even named it. With the release 1.9 Allen and Heath has released Qu-Control with the features I suggested and so much more. I could be smug and say it was based on my request, but with what they released, they had to have been working on it long before my initial post.

This no-charge value add will help sales in a whole new category. I continue to rave about the product so that is free marketing to ‘pay’ for the app😀

Time to upgrade and give it a test drive. I hope it runs on my version on iPod Touch.

Peter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.