QU Compatible Laptops

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU Compatible Laptops

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TK TK 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TK
    TK
    Participant

Please redirect if I overlooked… haven’t found this specifically anywhere. I’m in the market for a new laptop. Is there a list of current laptops on the market that don’t have the noise issue during playback on QU mixers? I think what I understand is to look for something with USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 without the intel chip set. I can’t tell from the typical specs list which chipset is used.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Anything with an AMD processor and chipset should work just fine. Just avoid any of the really cheap laptops as their performance specs for multitrack audio playback and video playback are suspect.
    In May I purchased a Dell laptop with an AMD processor, hooked it up to my Qu16 and it streams audio perfectly. I tested it using a 90-minute long multitrack recording I had. It played back to the Qu flawlessly via the USB-B port.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I have been using a dell laptop. About 7 years. High spec. Win 7. i7 Intel 8 gig ram since the birth of QU series. It had the 1st of the USB 3 ports. I remember being so excited how I was ahead of the game having a USB 3 laptop. I thought yeh! . Finally I’m future proofed. [for at least 5 years] Never missed a beat.however I do turn off all auto updates & screen savers etc. In other words I drive it. Like a car.

Profile photo of TK
    TK
    Participant

SO I ended up with an intel chipset and no 2.0 usb. I ordered this laptop understanding it had usb 2.0 but I was mistaken. Sure enough I experienced the digital clipping. I was relieved though that the 1.95 firmware update eliminated the issue for me.
    I’m running an Alienware 15R3.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.