Qu Asio drivers Failing

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Qu Asio drivers Failing

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jade Jade 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Zach
    Zach
    Participant

Hey guys! I work at a church and we use a qu 32 into Ableton on a Windows PC via USB to mix our audio for our live stream. Lately we have been having this problem where an error will occur and a message saying something along the lines of Qu asio driver failed. Causing our audio in our live stream to go down! We’ve updated our board to the latest firmware and have the latest version of Ableton live 11. Anyone know what the problem could be? I’ve used my MacBook with logic to record from the QU 32 and haven’t run into any issues, so could it just be a Windows problem?

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Zach,

I’m sorry to hear this! It’s not something I’ve come across before.

If you haven’t already, please go to support.allen-heath.com to start a ticket and we can look at this in more detail.

Thanks!
    Alex

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@Zach

I would look at windoze before the Qu.
    How are you connecting to the PC
    What opsys version?
    You say the problem was lately. Did windoze force in any updates recently?

Profile photo of Zach
    Zach
    Participant

Thanks for replying Alex,

I will do that. Also I’ve now tried it with a 2015 MacBook pro which I’ve completely wiped and restarted and am now experiencing the same issue.

Profile photo of Zach
    Zach
    Participant

We’ve been using a PC on Windows 10 and connecting it via USB to the USB port on the back of the board.

I’ve now switched it to a MacBook pro running OS Big Sur 11.01 which I had just recently wiped and we are now experiencing the same issue but less frequently.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

wanting to know about BIG SUR from QU as well?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Qu and SQ are both class compliant (so any issue would not be on the mixer side anyway), but both are tested and supported on macOS 11 (Big Sur) and M1 hardware.

Profile photo of Jade
    Jade
    Participant

Hey did you find out what was the issue?

Profile photo of Jade
    Jade
    Participant

I’ve also been facing the same issue lately… Initially it was on windows 11 and then i switched to windows 10 and it was working fine for few weeks… But later the same issue occurred… Sometimes it’s like the audio is distorting randomly… Sometimes audio driver fails automatically… My laptop is quite good with a 12th gen i5-12450h and rtx 3050.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.