QU as a monitor desk from AR2412 monitor out

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions QU as a monitor desk from AR2412 monitor out

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David J. David J. 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David J.
    David J.
    Participant

I own 2 GLD, 3 QU mixers and AR expansions, and my life is totally dedicated on the stages. Usually I use GLD in FOH and QU in Monitors. Always think I need easier and fast connectivity between GLD and QU mixers.

Furthermore, in the tour of the band that I make his sound, we travel with QU-Pac to make monitors themselves with Qu-You app and GLD80 with AR2412, good for the space, but we must to demand an analog sppliter in every event.

I had read a solution in the forum but not stable and no certified from A&H.

A&H considers to do a solution for that? I think that is necessary figure out about, A&H users we’ll really appreciate.

Please, let us know if you have in mind to do something about.

Many thanks!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

QU mixers are limited to being clock masters.

Which means they can’t slave to an AR, or another QU.

I don’t know if the GLD could slave?

David J.
    Participant

I think not, but A&H can fix that by software, I think is not to much difficult to be available to recibe clock, in fact, my first Yamaha 01 was able to do that, like any sound cards. A new job for programmers.

Thx!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

You can do this with 2 GLD and 1 set of stage and expansion boxes. You would just need DANTE cards in both consoles. Connect the second console via CAT? Through thr DANTE.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

ACE cards can do this too, can’t they?

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

I have used a GLD as monitor board with an iLive FOH connected via ACE and shared the head amps of my iDr10 that worked OK.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

It might not be a simple software fix – it might be, but it’s not necessarily

David J.
    Participant

Thanks for the answers. Yes I knew all the answers, ACE and Dante cards as well, but as I said, I use GLD + QU, and the last doesn’t accept cards.

I know other people who will appreciate that. It’s a pity, easy to catch in the tour, but requires it an analog splitter.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

My point was since you have 2 GLD why not utilize them the way you are wanting to therefore not needing an analog snake. But there is the expensive cost of 2 DANTE or ACE cards I realize.

David J.
    Participant

My point was since you have 2 GLD why not utilize them the way you are wanting to therefore not needing an analog snake. But there is the expensive cost of 2 DANTE or ACE cards I realize.

Is not for the cost, maybe I don’t explain well:

1- I travel with the band and carry FOH GLD and QU-Pac+IEM by Q-you app monitors who contains the show and setups with them. We use PA and mics who are in the event, not ours. That means if, for example, we find two Yamaha CL5 (FOH&mon) in the event, we don’t use it. Usually, they are linked by Rio stagebox. Here is the problem! We need a splitter. We can’t carry in our travel. Btw, staff are really impressed when they see the system, but say is a pity the non connection.

2- We can’t travel with two GLD, space isn’t free. In addition, band want to control the mixes himself, Qu-you is good.

I found another band that use same system that me, but using Behringer X32 + X32Rack, and they can link through Behringer S16 stagebox.

In short, I believe that if Behringer can, A&H can too.

Regards

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

I found another band that use same system that me, but using Behringer X32 + X32Rack, and they can link through Behringer S16 stagebox.

In short, I believe that if Behringer can, A&H can too.

The X32 and X32 rack are in the same family. The X32 and the Midas Pro series cannot connect to each other in much the same was as the GLD and the QU series cannot connect to each other.

Art

David J.
    Participant

Behringer and Midas Pro uses a different protocol, it’s a different brand, although from Music Group, can’t compare. But Midas M32 uses same software that X32. I mean, QU and GLD uses same protocol connections, for that, both can connect AR stage boxes and ME PERSONAL MIXING SYSTEM

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

But the radio2 transmitter can’t receive radio4…

The QU is fundamentally a clock master – you can’t have two clock masters in a coherent digital system.

It might be nice, but I’d suggest that you might get more success using the monitoring QU as a midi controller to remotely control the FOH QU monitor feeds…

David J.
    Participant

you can’t have two clock masters in a coherent digital system.
    It’s obvious, in fact, that’s the problem, and I don’t know if it is possible a clock modified by software, because if so, I hope to see in new firmware a.s.a.p.
    I don’t understand why they didn’t think about it, when the other functions in A&H mixers are very smart, for this reason our company we always have had this brand in all mixers.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.