Qu Android app, anyone interested?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu Android app, anyone interested?

This topic contains 206 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of davidgiga1993 davidgiga1993 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of davidgiga1993
    davidgiga1993
    Participant

I just uploaded a new beta version for testing.
    This version includes a lot of new features such as
    USB midi support and custom UI.

Changelog
    = Added =
    – RTA averaging
    – Dedicated RTA view:
    – Custom UI
    – USB Midi support
    – SoF background color
    – Spectograph
    – Mix Copy

A complete changelog with links to the manual for the new features can be found here:
    https://bugs.dev-core.org/w/ms/qu/changelog/v.0.001.19/

Profile photo of StrokerRED
    StrokerRED
    Participant

I used the app this last Saturday night, it worked fairly well, but it would pop up with a message saying it had disconnected from the desk and ask me to reconnect quite often. If I just hit cancel I could still control the desk but I got no feed back from the desk. The level meters wouldn’t show anything but I could still change the levels on each channel.

Also the Send/fader button was confusing at first, I would like to have all the mixes listed seperatley down the right hand side so I can get to them in less presses. But that’s just me, otherwise looking good and it could replace the Ipad in my setup.

Profile photo of Ratchet
    Ratchet
    Participant

So does this app replace the Apple version? I don’t want to go out and buy an iPad, if I don’t have to.

I just downloaded it, about to give it a go, but does it have TalkBack ability to wirelessly talk to the stage via the Android phone’s internal mic?

davidgiga1993
    Participant

If I just hit cancel I could still control the desk but I got no feed back from the desk. The level meters wouldn’t show anything but I could still change the levels on each channel.

Also the Send/fader button was confusing at first, I would like to have all the mixes listed seperatley down the right hand side so I can get to them in less presses. But that’s just me, otherwise looking good and it could replace the Ipad in my setup.

When the connection is lost it’s required to reconnect. That’s just how the protocol works.

With the next update it will be possible to create custom UI elements (buttons, labels) and assign actions to them like changing the sends on fader bus.

So does this app replace the Apple version? I don’t want to go out and buy an iPad, if I don’t have to.

I just downloaded it, about to give it a go, but does it have TalkBack ability to wirelessly talk to the stage via the Android phone’s internal mic?

It depends on which functionality you want to use. It’s (currently) not possible to access the FX parameters, as well as some configuration parameters of the mixer. This is due the midi protocol limitation.
    Talkback function is not possible because the Qu can’t receive audio via network steam.

Profile photo of Ratchet
    Ratchet
    Participant

Firstly, I want to say THANK YOU! I really did not want to buy another Apple product, and my Galaxy Note Edge phone has a large enough display to make an iPad (mini) a redundant hassle to keep charged and carry around. I got the para-EQ and faders to work, but couldn’t get the compressor to do anything at this point – I probably just need to keep playing with it. It does seem to disconnect every few minutes, but maybe I’m not doing something correctly. I’ll need to read the manual more slowly this second time around to really absorb its nuances. I’m in awe. Beautiful app!

What does the paid version add? I plan on purchasing it, just because I’m so grateful, but was wondering what it would gain. Regards.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

No doubt David will answer this himself, but I’ve been looking, and it’s got some good enough stuff that I’m considering getting an Android device to run it.

With Pre you apparently get Popgroups, Unlimited DCA, the eq visible on channel strips, and a timeline for gates & comps.

My question for David, am I correct that I could run this app and one Qu-Pad app at the same time, as I totally forgot to test this when I borrowed a tablet the other day.

davidgiga1993
    Participant

does seem to disconnect every few minutes, but maybe I’m not doing something correctly.

Hm usualy it should keep the connection alive all the time. Might be a bad wifi signal. I plan to change the networking stack so it just reconnects in the background automatically.

What does the paid version add? I plan on purchasing it, just because I’m so grateful, but was wondering what it would gain.

Thanks!
    A comparison table can be found here:
    https://bugs.dev-core.org/w/ms/qu/pro_free/

Note: The next update will also add customizable UI and USB midi support which is also only available in the pro version.

My question for David, am I correct that I could run this app and one Qu-Pad app at the same time,

Yes you can 🙂 It’s possible to use 1 Android und 2 iPads at the same time.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

2 iPads! Even better. Looks like I’m off to find a tablet then.

Profile photo of StrokerRED
    StrokerRED
    Participant

I’ll be looking forward to the update, I just left it disconnected and I could control the board anyways, but I couldn’t see any level meter feed back which was no bid deal at the time. With it reconnecting in the background without a warning popup it should work much better.

The app saves me buying a new Ipad now that version 1.8 no longer works on the original Ipad.

Profile photo of Tim
    Tim
    Participant

Hello Dave great app. I used it tonight for practice with our band. Set up the custom layers just for what I needed. Actually like it better than the iPad app. Very responsive and really well thought out. Only thing that would stop me from using it live is the lack of fx parameters. Is there a delay tempo tap button coming as this is really a necessity. Btw I purchased the pro version and I’m using a qu 24 and ar2412.
    Thanks

Profile photo of audiokla
    audiokla
    Participant

Is it possible to run this Android App simultaneously to several Qu You Apps?

audiokla
    Participant

Has anybody experience with this app together with Qu-you??

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yes you can 🙂 It’s possible to use 1 Android und 2 iPads at the same time.

To me this means that it is doing midi/tcp directly, and therefore doesn’t touch the QuYou/QuPad count

audiokla
    Participant

thanks a lot, Bob

audiokla
    Participant

That sounds great. I’m already using an IPAD Air2 but I’m thinking about an Android tablet with a bigger screen and this app. The IPad Pro is to expensive.
    Do you have any recommendations for an Android tablet with a bigger screen?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 207 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.