Qu Android app, anyone interested?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu Android app, anyone interested?

This topic contains 206 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of davidgiga1993 davidgiga1993 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of davidgiga1993
    davidgiga1993
    Participant

David i tried connecting my Galaxy S5 phone using your ap (via wifi using Archer C2 router)but it keeps coming up with ‘failed to connect’ message. I am currently using this router for ipad wireless control of our Qu-24 with Qu-pad, and i set the IP address on your ap to the same IP address of the Qu-24 and router (192.168.1.60) but no joy ??

Can you ping the mixer from your phone?
    For this you can use the app “Fing Network Tools”.
    It should show the IP of the mixer.

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

Not sure what ping and fing mean?
    But shouldn’t the mixing station ap IP address be set to same address as the Qu-24 and router in order to control the desk remotely?

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

And when you refer to mixer I assume you mean the Qu-24

davidgiga1993
    Participant

Not sure what ping and fing mean?
    But shouldn’t the mixing station ap IP address be set to same address as the Qu-24 and router in order to control the desk remotely?

The IP in Mixing Station should be the IP of the Qu-24.
    The router must have another IP address! It it not possible to use the same IP on multiple devices.

I want to make sure if the issue is caused by the network or by the app. Therefore you need to ping the IP address of the Mixer (Qu-24).
    To do that, you can use the app “Fing Network Tools” which can be found in Google Play. It lists all devices in the current network and allows you to see if the phone can reach the mixer.

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

OK thanks Dave. I will try that tonight.
    The Qu-24 mixer IP address is 192.168.1.60
    The Archer C2 Router’s LAN IP address is 192.168.0.1

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

I used the Fing app and found that the Qu-24 IP address is 192.168.1.15 (and not 192.168 1.60 as the manual says) and the C2 Routers IP address is 192.168.1.60 (and not 192.168.0.1 as its leaflet said).
    Anyway i entered 192.168.1.15 into your mix station app and it tried to connect and then gave message that i need to upgrade the mixing desk to latest version (my version is 1.7). But i don’t want to upgrade to 1.8 as there is an issue where you have to enter the Admin password to use Qu-pad and therefor all of the techs would know the Admin password for the desk too, which i don’t want. Is there a way around this to enable your app to work with version 1.7?

davidgiga1993
    Participant

But i don’t want to upgrade to 1.8 as there is an issue where you have to enter the Admin password to use Qu-pad and therefor all of the techs would know the Admin password for the desk too, which i don’t want. Is there a way around this to enable your app to work with version 1.7?

In the beginning the app was designed for 1.7 but because of some missing features in the midi protocol the minimum firmware version had to be increased to 1.8. So no, there is no way around this limitation, sorry!
    Note: This app also needs the admin password in order to connect to the mixer, but now that I think about it it might be an idea to add some sort of “remember password” function so you only need to enter it once. Would this help?

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

Na, the problem is that it is pointless having an Admin password for the desk if everyone knows it, as everyone uses the ipad. I can’t see why the developers had to make it the Admin password for the Qu-pad (and indeed your own Mix Station app), why not the more general Standard password??

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Because the QuPad protocol doesn’t have feature limitations – it grants admin access.
    It’s only that that position is now clarified.

It’s a reasonable request to add a “limited” version of the app, or one that limits features based on the password given.

Though I’d rather have the iPad remember the password between connections – associate it with the QU MAC address maybe, since a momentary disconnection at the wrong time means typing in a password rather than making adjustments…

Profile photo of Gordon
    Gordon
    Participant

I just got the Pro version for QU-24 and like it. Is there any way to rename the Monitor Mix Channels? Example, Mix 1 = Drummer’s monitor, Mix 2 = Joe’s monitor, etc…

That way, I wouldn’t have to constantly memorize which number mix belongs to whom. (I run for different bands and it changes frequently.) Thanks.

davidgiga1993
    Participant

I just got the Pro version for QU-24 and like it. Is there any way to rename the Monitor Mix Channels? Example, Mix 1 = Drummer’s monitor, Mix 2 = Joe’s monitor, etc…

That way, I wouldn’t have to constantly memorize which number mix belongs to whom. (I run for different bands and it changes frequently.) Thanks.

Sure there is:
    The names shown in the Mix selection represent the names of the Mix channels.
    So renaming the Mix channels will solve your problem. (Just press and hold a channel button to rename a channel)

Profile photo of Gordon
    Gordon
    Participant

Oh cool! I knew that I could rename the regular input channels, but for some reason, I hadn’t noticed that I could also rename the Mix Channels. Thanks. That was easy.

Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

Great app! I have an issue where I connect to a QU-24 with firmware 1.82 and my faders on the app are all at the lowest instead of mirroring the levels they are at on the mixer. Shouldn’t the app display where my faders are to?

Also, on the mixer, I can select a mix (ie. Mix 9/10 Recording) and then use all of the sliders to control the levels for each instrument for that mix. Is that possible on this. The instrument sliders seem to be there for the Main LR mix only.

Maybe I am missing something here.

Thanks!

Frank

Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

Nevermind on the second part of my previous post. I figured it out. Select Mix 9/10 and hit the Snd->Fader button. Awesome! Just bought the Pro but the app is still not mirroring my actual fader levels.

Frank

davidgiga1993
    Participant

I have an issue where I connect to a QU-24 with firmware 1.82 and my faders on the app are all at the lowest instead of mirroring the levels they are at on the mixer. Shouldn’t the app display where my faders are to?

Hi,
    Yes the app should get the data from the mixer. I only have access to a Qu-16 for testing but before the last release the app was fully tested on the Qu-24 and 32 so I’m not sure whats the issue here.
    I’m currently on vacation but I will take a look at it as soon as I get back home.

Does the “Sync” popup appear? (The one with the 0-100% progress bar). The bar itself isn’t moving because the sync usualy happens too fast.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 207 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.