Qu Android app, anyone interested?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu Android app, anyone interested?

This topic contains 206 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of davidgiga1993 davidgiga1993 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tommy
    Tommy
    Participant

Yeah, I went straight to Google Play from my phone and couldn’t find it. When I went from the link after applying, it came up without a problem. Thanks! I look forward to playing with it to see how well it works.

Profile photo of andrescarbonel
    andrescarbonel
    Participant

You can install the app on android emulator for Windows to use on a pc ?
    eq over the RTA can be very useful in a larger screen.

Profile photo of davidgiga1993
    davidgiga1993
    Participant

Yes that’s possible.
    The free version will be available for direct download soon so it can be installed on devices / emulators without play store access.

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Excuse my ignorance, I’m new to the non Apple tablet world!
    I’ve just bought an Amazon Fire HD in a “Black Friday” sale but not having any success installing your app! I take it that it will be coming to the Amazon store too at some stage? Wasn’t able to get either version from the Google play links, even after signing up for the beta.
    Have the Behringer version installed just to see what it was like;)
    Quite a turnaround for me but I like the idea of controlling the desk on something that only cost £34.99!!!
    You advice would be greatly appreciated:)

davidgiga1993
    Participant

No problem 🙂
    Yes the beta is currently for devices with Google Play access only as amazon still has no proper beta testing mechanism. But the release version will br available on Amazom as well.

Profile photo of fgrillet
    fgrillet
    Participant

Good Evening davidgiga1993 (10h45 PM in France…)

I haven’t yet acquired a Qu (certainly a Qu-Pac) but the fact of knowing that an application for Android make me happy 😉

I have an ASUS 11.2-inch tablet that can especially connect aRJ-45 plug and I always have a nearby cable if WiFi does not work properly. As soon as I have my console, I subscribe to be a beta tester 😉

Thanks a lot for you initiative and best regards,
    François

Profile photo of Eddy_current
    Eddy_current
    Participant

Hi, it looks as though the excellent Android Mixing station QU and Mixing Station QU Pro are now available from the Google play store. I have been running it for a couple of weeks on a Amazon fire (side loaded) that I like robocurry picked up in the Black Friday deals, even on this it seems more responsive than the ipad app. Thanks davidgiga1993.

robbocurry
    Participant

@davidgiga1993
    Great job in developing the app!
    I’ve just loaded the free version (don’t worry, paid one plus donation coming up when I update my card details with Amazon!)
    Just wondering if the input/output metering are features of the paid app as they aren’t showing in the free version on the channel strips, mix outputs, LR etc.
    Everything else seems to work, buttons, faders et al but no “feedback” from the inputs to the Amazon Fire I’m using.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks again for your hard work!

robbocurry
    Participant

Sorted!
    Bought the pro version and ticked “allow bus processing access” and all is working as expected. Sweet app, brilliant to have this alternative to my iPads!!

davidgiga1993
    Participant

Great job in developing the app!
    I’ve just loaded the free version (don’t worry, paid one plus donation coming up when I update my card details with Amazon!)
    Just wondering if the input/output metering are features of the paid app as they aren’t showing in the free version on the channel strips, mix outputs, LR etc.
    Everything else seems to work, buttons, faders et al but no “feedback” from the inputs to the Amazon Fire I’m using.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks again for your hard work!

Thanks!

The input/output metering is also available in the free version.
    When using the free version, are the meter bars visible at all or are they just not being updated?

Also the “allow bus processing access” setup button shouldn’t make any difference. It’s used for the XM32 version where the access can be restricted to a single bus. By enabling this option the user also gets access to the processing that bus.

Hi, it looks as though the excellent Android Mixing station QU and Mixing Station QU Pro are now available from the Google play store.

Yes, it’s also available on amazon now:
    Pro
    Free

robbocurry
    Participant

Hi David,
    I have my QuPac back in the van so I’ll check again tomorrow. As far as I recall the meters were visible (you saw the peak hold fading to zero) when the app connected but never moved again after that. No active meters on either version. I deleted the free app and was getting the same result with the pro app until I enabled the “allow bus access” button.
    I’ll check again tomorrow and let you know.
    Best Regards,
    Rob

Profile photo of Eddy_current
    Eddy_current
    Participant

Hi Rob/David, just checked with my QU-16 and all metering is working on my Amazon Fire with the free version, will update to the Pro version tomorrow. The app also works simultaneously with the Q-pad and Q-you apps. Many thanks Dave.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi
    Im new to using Android on windows/
    I have a few win 7 laptops.
    Which out of these do you recommend installing?

Top 7 Free Android Emulators for PC (2020) – Windows 10 [64-bit & 32-bit] | Run Android apps on Computer PC/Laptop

Just to confirm; You plug the Qu-Android app directly into the Network port?
    You dont use a router?

davidgiga1993
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using Genymotion but it’s designed for developers.
    For just running apps I would recommend Droid4X as it also has play store access.
    Note that the “Search” functionality of the app might not work when using an android emulator.

You can either connect the mixer directly to the Qu or use a wifi AP.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@davidgiga1993
    I installed droid4X
    Downloaded the Mixing Station Pro QU
    Set the Mix station to same ip address but fails to connect?
    Tried both with DHCP off and on.
    The off live editor works ok in Drid4X
    anythoughts?

Using HP i7 win 7 laptop

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 207 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.