Qu Android app, anyone interested?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu Android app, anyone interested?

This topic contains 206 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of davidgiga1993 davidgiga1993 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of davidgiga1993
    davidgiga1993
    Participant

No that’s not possible as the mixer does not send the information which page is currently shown

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

Alas.
    Thank you for the reply.

Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

Hi David,

with the newest mixing-station and the newest A&H QU 16 driver V 1.94 from 04/18 occourse a failure-text “not supportet firmware”… but it works fine until now… so perhaps the failure-text could be canceled?

What did you fix with the newest Beta-Update? I did not find changes…

davidgiga1993
    Participant

Hi Frank,

latest changes can be found here:
    https://bugs.dev-core.org/w/ms/qu/changelog/

Note that the beta versions might get new features / hotfixes without increasing the version number.

Yep, FW 1.94 does fully work with the current app version. You just need to dismiss the warning dialog.
    I’ll add proper support this firwmare with the next update so the dialog does not appear again.

Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

Hi David,

would it be possible to implement a function/knob to reset all peakholds with one click, when adjusted “inf” (“infinit”) in the setup-options? When I mix up the band, at first I test, which channel is overrided (red peakhold in the top of the peak-meter). All channels with red peakhold will be gain-reduced a little bit. After this I would like to reset all peakholds with one click and then test again… Now I have to leave the app and to reconnect, to reset the peakhold. Would be a real nice function!

By the way, changing the options for peakhold-time also will be taken over after restarting the App.

Profile photo of glenn
    glenn
    Participant

Android App quit working on Amazon tablets: I’ve downloaded the latest app (as of 5/28/18) from the Amazon app store. The app downloads fine and connects to my wifi router connected to my Qu32. When I run the app and hit connect, it says an error has occurred. I’ve tried this on 3 different Amazon tablets, 2015, 2016 and 2017 versions. Anyone using an Amazon tablet for this app? It worked 6 months ago. Also have have had people connect iPhones to it with the standard A&H app, which works fine.

davidgiga1993
    Participant

Hi,

which FW version on the Qu are you using?
    I’m also using kindle devices for testing and couldn’t find an issue yet.
    Sadly amazon provides no access anymore to crash reports at the moment so I’m a little bit in the dark.

Profile photo of glenn
    glenn
    Participant

Hi David, I’ll try to check tomorrow when I’m there. Can you give me some more detail about the crash reports? Are you just talking about the system log? I work with the HW team for Amazon. I only know a couple of the SW guys, but might be able to track down the right ones to help. I’m sure the system logs are accessible. If they have locked those out on production devices I can maybe get a preproduction device and check it.

BTW is there a way to private message each other on this site?

nottooloud
    Participant

There’s a bit of a bug with stageboxes in Mixing Station Pro Qu. It assumes 1:1 patching.

I have my AB168 16 stagebox channels patched in 9-24. Mixer ch9 (stagebox ch1) is getting the value of mixer ch17 (stagebox ch9).

David is aware of it, and I expect he will fix it when he can. Could take some doing, since at the moment, MSP doesn’t even have an input patching page. I can work around it for now by sticking with 1:1 patching, or using the iPad app for gains.

My question for anyone here is what happens with an extender stage box? If I plug in a second AB168, or plug my AB168 into a AR2412, what gain values will MSP see up there?
    Can somebody try that and report back?

nottooloud
    Participant

For instance, if I plug in back to back AB168s, and patch them 1:1, does MSP think my channel 17 gain is ch1 of stagebox a, or extender stagebox b?

davidgiga1993
    Participant

@glenn:
    The amazon store does not provide access to the crash reports anymore. The menu entry just disappeared some weeks ago.
    Therefore I can’t get the stack traces if your issue :/

@nottooloud:
    I could not reproduce this issue on my Qu16. I’ve connected the AR2412 as well as the AR84 extender.
    I’ve changed the routing to:
    Local 1 -> Ch 1
    SB1 -> Ch2
    SB2 -> Ch3
    SB3 -> Ch4
    SB4 -> Ch5
    SB5 -> Ch6
    Each of the gains worked independently and showed the same values as on the mixer.
    Can you check if you also got this issue with the routing I’ve posted?

nottooloud
    Participant

It will be a week before I have the stagebox and the mixer together, but I will check then.

Profile photo of glenn
    glenn
    Participant

Hi David, The FW version of my QU32 is 1.90 4537. I see there is an upgrade to 1.93 available. The odd thing is that the app quit working on my Android tablet, when nothing had changed on the mixer or the tablet. Unless the app updates automatically. I did have someone attach a new iPhone to the mixer. Could that disable your app? Should I try updating the QU32? I’m nervous about other unexpected changes to the Qu.

Thanks,

Glenn

davidgiga1993
    Participant

Yes 1.93 is supported in the app, it’s worth a shot

Profile photo of glenn
    glenn
    Participant

@david

I have put in report to Amazon Developer Support using ‘Contact Us’ on my Amazon Developer account. I added my Amazon contact info, so they can tell I am an employee. Not sure if you have reported the lack of crash reports. Let me know, as I’m sure they’ll ask. I’ll see if I get any response through normal channels. I’ll find an escalation path, if I don’t get a response.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 207 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.