QU and ME-1

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU and ME-1

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of joeymauro
    joeymauro
    Participant

Does one need an AR2412 in order to operate the ME-1’s?? Or can I simply go from the network port to a POE switch and voila??

Thanks!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Go from the DSnake port. Not the network port. I have not tried using it through a switch. There was a discussion about that either on here or the archives. I think it may be picky about the type.

joeymauro
    Participant

Hmmmm… so dSnake to POE switch, then to ME-1’s?? So, if the “make” or “model” plays nice with the QU board it should work then?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

When I get home to research this I will or if someone else wants to chime in? I don’t think generic POE works. Obviously we suggest the MEU. But there has been discussion about others that appear to work. Do a search for POE switch on these forums.

joeymauro
    Participant

So come out of the board to an ME-U THEN to the ME-1’s and it will work??

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant
    joeymauro
    Participant

I actually called a guy that we bought our GLD-80 from and he is going to try and contact the A&H rep and find out this info. It appears you can definately daisy-chain ME-1’s from the dSnake port, but this requires the use of “wall-warts”… I am hoping he says we can go from dSnake to POE switch then to ME-1’s… that would be an INCREDIBLE cost savings!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I am a dealer but have not done that. Just used wall warts. There is an old discussion on here about that. I know years ago we tried several POE switches on Aviom with no luck. Had to use their distributors. Maybe one of the AH folks will see this. NAMM time so everyone tied up.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Thanks Nicola. There ya go Joey.

joeymauro
    Participant

Thanks Nicola… but I already knew I could use a third party POE switch… I am using a Trendnet something or other unit now with our GLD-80 and 7 ME-1’s… BUT I also am using a 2412.

What I want to know is can I do this…

QU-16 dSnake Port —–> Compatible POE Switch ——> ME-1’s

OR do I have to have a 2412 in the mix like this….

QU-16 dSnake Port ——-> AR2412 ———-> Compatible POE Switch ———> ME-1’s

Thanks so much!

joeymauro
    Participant

For reference GCumbee, this is the one I am using on our GLD-80 https://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2581141&SRCCODE=WEBGOOPA&cm_mmc_o=mH4CjC7BBTkwCjCV1-CjCE&gclid=COfw5KzZmLwCFUhgMgodrB0AgA and it works great. (if you ever need a POE switch for some ME-1’s)

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Joey. Thanks. Good to know if I get a call for that. FYI. Think your first setup should be fine.

George.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.