Qu and Digital Stagebox

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu and Digital Stagebox

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MiG Eater MiG Eater 2 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MiG Eater
    MiG Eater
    Participant

Hi, I’ve been asked about replacing an existing X32 Producer with a Qu-16. I’ve been told there is an existing digital stagebox, potentially a Behringer system. Can I connect a Qu to this, or are there proprietary complications on the horizon?

Thanks

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

I personally won‘t do that, frankly spoken. The QU16 is more ore less a 16 channel mixer while the producer is a 32 channel mixer. You can „replace“ the buildin input sockets by using an AR2412, AR804 or AB168, for example, but you cannot extend the channel count using a stagebox. With an extra stagebox you can use up to 38 inputs simultaneously on the X32 producer. Furthermore you have more FX on the X32, extra DCA and Matrix, Mixbusses ….
    no stagebox of other brans can be used with th QU16, only the three one mentioned above.

MiG Eater
    Participant

That’s really helpful, thanks for saving me time and a lot of effort! Appreciate it.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Behringer stage boxes won’t work with A&H consoles or vice versa. I would consider replacing with an SQ5 rather than a Qu-16 since that would be an upgrade in channel count and overall.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

The question is, why do you need to replace the X32?

If you need more input channels, then the SQ is the better solution, if you need more faders you can consider a QU-24, QU-32, SQ-6 or SQ-7.
    It depends on the possible budget.

The SQ is an improvement on overall sound quality as well, but it’s a different platform that needs time to get used to it…

MiG Eater
    Participant

Thanks both.

We are a multi-site church and have an SQ5/DX168 arriving to replace a MixWizard 3 16:2. The other church has an X32 Producer which is on loan and we have an option to buy or replace. I don’t really like the Producer (no scribble strips, small screen) and the less experienced people are struggling to use it. Money is a factor and just considering my options.

MiG Eater
    Participant

To add. As they have the stage box for the x32, I might go for the Compact as a nice upgrade and fulfils my needs. I’d love an SQ5, would happily have the Qu16, but would have to buy a DX/AB168.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.