QU-32 won't boot

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-32 won't boot

Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of PHBC
    PHBC
    Participant

I turned on my mixer this morning and the computer won’t boot. I’ve turned it on and off numerous times. I’ve tried to do a hard reset. Neither worked. The screen has the initial boot image and it stays there. Anyone had this issue before?

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

When shutting down, have you been using “Home>Shutdown>Confirm” or just crashing the board by cutting power?

When attempting the hard reset, are you holding the buttons for the prescribed 5 seconds?

Profile photo of PHBC
    PHBC
    Participant

Yes and Yes.

It is on a surge protector and power conditioner.

We tried a couple of times to hard reset it. Held the buttons for more than 5 seconds.

We just figured out the mixer is 1 year and 1 month old.

-Chad

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Is there a ‘boot into firmware upgrade mode’ that I recall being posted somewhere?

Might be worth a shot before a return…

Profile photo of PHBC
    PHBC
    Participant

Well I contacted Allen and Heath, they told me to boot into the firmware. So I formatted a flash drive into FAT32, put the firmware on it, and pushed the USB and HPF buttons when I turned it ON. I could see the flash drive’s led flashing for awhile and the Pan led’s were going back and forth. I took a minute then it went to the boot screen picture and NOTHING. It’s still not working. Anymore ideas?

FYI: Allen and Heath told me to format the flash drive into FAT. FAT does not work.

They told me to contact my local distributor. We will see how that goes tomorrow.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

That was my thought (though I’d forgotten the details).

Distributor time I think

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.