Qu-32 weird track assignment. Channel 1 seems to be master

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-32 weird track assignment. Channel 1 seems to be master

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bluzcat Bluzcat 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bluzcat
    Bluzcat
    Participant

Greetings. This may be a newbie question. I have a Qu-32 board that I control with Logic X from my MacBook Pro through MIDI/USB. I’ve set up MIDI and the Logic integration per the YouTube videos from A&H, and I have the A&H driver installed. When I select the Custom Layer, the faders are synchronized between Logic and the Qu-32 board, so that part seems to be working fine. I was trying to record a re-amped guitar track from a multi-track recording the other day, but wasn’t very successful. While I was trying to figure out what I was doing wrong, I was playing around with the various mixes, etc. The odd thing is that when I select the Channel layer, it seems like channel 1 acts as the master volume for all the tracks, and no other fader seems to control the volume for any track. I also noticed that “Sig” LEDs for channels 1 and 2 were blinking while I was playing back the tracks. However, channels 1 and 2 are NOT linked, and channel 2 doesn’t affect anything. In the Custom Layer everything works as expected, i.e. each channel only affects the track that’s assigned to it. I’m sure it’s some silly mistake on my end. All the channel I/O was set to USB Streaming. Thanks.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

maybe channels one and two are your returns from the computer?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

you need to set up the return in your mac to return to channels 31/32 if thats where you want them to go? Right next to your Master Fader
    You cant return them to ST1-3 as the USB is 32/32 fixed

Profile photo of Bluzcat
    Bluzcat
    Participant

Thanks for the prompt responses, I’ll check the return signal from the computer. Cheers,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.