QU-32 Sudden Fader movement

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-32 Sudden Fader movement

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lee7 Lee7 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of oluaremu
    oluaremu
    Participant

I was just called up to take a look at a QU-32 belonging to a church. The Master fader and the fader controlling mix 5/6 suddenly moves up from unity to the highest position (+10) on their own, no router connected, no QU-pad. This of course causes a loud tweeter screeching. TWO HF drivers are burnt already as a result. QU-32 runs on version 1.90 REV. 4537.

Any solution to this? Is this a firmware issue or a hardware problem? Anyone has this problem too?

Many thanks

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

nope – are those two faders linked in any way? (DCA/mute group/matrix association?)

What else was happening?

Profile photo of nahabwe
    nahabwe
    Participant

having same issue here. yesterday had a service and fader 16 started moving itself. tried reseting but still problem persisted. the LR also started going on and off i had to use mix 9&8. im using the qu 32. had never experienced such been using it for about two years now.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Which FW number is installed in the mixer?

There was a fault with an earlier FW that when two channels were linked there faders/master fader would without warning move to it’s maximum setting. Happened to me once, but I reduced it back to 0db almost as quick as it shot up to max.

🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.