Qu 32 set up Logic pro

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Qu 32 set up Logic pro

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of stupaak
    stupaak
    Participant

Hello I viewed the you tube video from A&H the setup worded fine for the first 24 channels but the last eight would not work. So I added a fifth Mackie control and it seemed to work. but there was only 4 midi channels for Mackie controls. So I made the 5th control QU32 in and out. seemed to work at first but when I tried to set up a template everything failed.

My question is for the 4th Mackie control why won’t is connect to the last 8 channels the first 24 snap into place when the Mackie control is set up, but the last eight don’t is this normal?

Thanks in advance for your help

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

Hi Stu, it’s probably worth retracing your steps somewhere. Try reassigning the device midi ports in Logic’s controller setup.
    We now have show files and project templates for Pro Tools, Logic, Live and Cubase in the Qu User Libraries here:
    https://community.allen-heath.com/groups/qu-libraries/documents/
    It might be worth loading these to have a look at the setup and config.
    There is a help file in each package explaining the setup options and routing used.
    Let us know if you still having trouble.
    Cheers. Harry.

Profile photo of stupaak
    stupaak
    Participant

Hello Harry the templates did not help. I have done this over several times and still the same result.Everything works fine for the 1st 24 channels, but when you do the next logical step channel 25 to 32 it dosen’t respond at all. I would like to see a video on integrating the QU32(not 24) with Logic pro X, because after watching the video it only does 24 and assume the 25-32 will lock the same and it does not. At least not on my machine. using a 2010 Mac Pro Tower

Confused

Stuart

Profile photo of cantona
    cantona
    Participant

Has the new update sorted this Stu?

Profile photo of stupaak
    stupaak
    Participant

I have not installed it yet. For me the Q is close to nirvana if they could fix this problem. I really don’t want to switch to pro tools.

Profile photo of stupaak
    stupaak
    Participant

Hello Cantona, I read the release notes for the new firmware and it was not created to fix the the Logic DAW issue. It is just for the Eco System/ accessories for the Qu. I may switch to Pro Tools in the near future. I don’t use Eco system Qu products so there is no need to upgrade for me.

Stuart

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

maybe switching to Cubase is an option…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.