QU-32, recording channel 25 through 31

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-32, recording channel 25 through 31

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sven Sven 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sven
    Sven
    Participant

I am recording using the QU-32. Until now, I have only used channels 1-24 for recording. Now, I wanted to use 25-28 as well but I can’t make them work. I have added buses to reflect this in my DAW (Cubase 10.5) and I have been through every possible aspect of settings and routing. I cannot see any difference between channels 1-24 and 25 and up. But they still don’t work for recording. It is not overloaded, even if I just have one mic connected, it doesn’t work.

This is now driving me insane. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas, anyone?

🙁

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@sven

Would help if you told us more.

Is the problem in the PC cubase or the Qu32?
    Or the connection between them?

Just how is everything connected together?
    What is the signal path where you seem to have a problem?

Profile photo of Sven
    Sven
    Participant

Right now, I am just connecting a single mic to the different channels. 1.24, no problem. Above that, I see that the mic is connected and I hear it in my monitoring system. But nothing when I record.

Profile photo of Sven
    Sven
    Participant

Actually, now that I have gone through all channels, it ends with channel 18. Beyond that I can’t record.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@sven

please tell us more detail

where cant you record
    how are you trying to record

what are you recording with
    pc or mac what opsys
    what drivers
    usb or audio interface

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Did you assign the additional channels to the USB output tracks in the IO set up menu?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Hmmm 18.

18 is the limit for Qu-Drive recording, while USB B goes to 32. You can only use one at a time.

But, if you’re set up for Qu-Drive, do you still get 18 outputs on the USB B port? I’ve never tried this, so I don’t know.

So the question is, is you USB set to use SQ-Drive or USB B?

Profile photo of Sven
    Sven
    Participant

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Mike C, the answer is, yes I did, but not correctly. I went back to the I/O Patch menu on my QU-32 and the channel assignment was muddled. You kicked me in the right direction!

Thanks to Mike and everyone for helping me.

Cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.