QU-32 Only Records From Channel 1 via USB

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-32 Only Records From Channel 1 via USB

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of whyme6181
    whyme6181
    Participant

HI. I have a Mac setup with Audacity connected to the board via USB. We are able to record, but there are several problems.

1. Volume is low
    2. Only comes through in mono.
    3. We can only record Channel 1.

We have tried to change the settings through the I/O Patch section and all seems to be sending but no matter what we do, we are only able to record channel 1. Please someone out there help me.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi whyme6181,

If the volume going to Audacity is low, you can use the direct output trim to boost it.

To change to the direct output, go to Setup > IO Patch > USB audio and change from insert out to direct out.

You can now select a channel you’d like to boost and press the Routing key to change the direct out trim.

In Audacity, you will need to set up a stereo input track and source from channels 17 & 18 to receive the LR mix.

If you’d like me to go through this with you, please start a ticket at support.allen-heath.com and I can help you there.

Thanks!

Alex

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.