QU-32 Link to Qlab

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-32 Link to Qlab

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JD JD 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JD
    JD
    Participant

I am running a QU-32 and tried to link QLab to the console; I managed to connect my laptop and the console via the USB port at the back of the console. QLab recognizes the console and accepts the soft keys as a midi trigger, however QLab won’t output audio through the USB Cable. I have been able to route other sources like iTunes through the USB, so i know it is patched properly at the board. I’ve consulted Figure 53 Support and they are adamant that its not the software. I am running it without a license, only running my output in stereo. Ideally I’d like to be able to output audio from QLab, accept softkey triggers from the console, and trigger a scene change at the board. I was wondering if anyone had any success/tips?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Works fine for me, both with and without a licence (I hire by the day during shows).

Have you set the audio output correctly in QLab?

Profile photo of JD
    JD
    Participant

Yes, I spent 3 days emailing a support person from Figure 53, and sent several screenshots as I walked him through my patch. I even created a temporary file to test from scratch and it still wasn’t routing properly. It routes through my PreSonus AudioBox and the built in output for my Mac, but it won’t through the board. I tried changing USB chord too and it had no effect. The support guy from Fig53 said it may be an issue with the USB PORT on the console, but I am unsure if thats the issue or how to diagnose it.

MarkPAman
    Participant

Which version of QLab? I’ve not tested 4 with the desk yet.

Profile photo of JD
    JD
    Participant

I am using QLab 4. I’d like to try and get this version to work as I am fascinated to try the Lighting features.

MarkPAman
    Participant

May be worth trying QLab 3 for now – or at least making sure your version of 4 is updated, as bug fixes are currently coming out pretty fast.

Profile photo of JD
    JD
    Participant

I figured out the problem after 2 years…the USB on the board is hard set 1-to-1. If I want channel 1 of QLab to go to input 27 on the board I have to set that up in QLab. I thought I could do Chan 1 in QLab and route in the board. Apparently that’s not how this board works. Hopefully this helps someone down the road and not too many fellow professionals facepalm my oversight of this solution

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.