QU-32 interface with Aviom

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-32 interface with Aviom

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

We are looking at the purchase of the QU-32 and it fits our mixing needs perfectly, but we currently have a fully functional Aviom system with 8 heads and the additional replacement of that system with the ME system would make this cost prohibitive (even though the new ME system looks awesome).

Can the Qu-32 use adapters like M-MMO or can the output for the monitor mixers be configured for aviom A-Net interface? Since the ME system can understand Aviom, can the desk send in aviom A-Net protocol? Or is there another interface that can give me 16 discrete outputs to send to the Aviom system?

Any suggestions how I can make this interface a reality since this desk does not have direct outs?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Possibility using the usb audio option – depends on a PC-Anet output

Can the aviom be fed from split cables?

actually – QU32 has 24 mix outputs – how many do you need for the aviom system?

Profile photo of Kurt
    Kurt
    Participant

I would like the same question answered. We currently use a Soundcraft Series Two 32 channel analog board, outputting to an Aviom AN-16/i v.2 Input Module with several a-16 II personal mixers. These support up to 16 channels. We output groups to the Aviom mix to combine down to 16 channels.

How can I connect the QU 32 to the AN-16/i v.2 Input Module? Would I send a CAT 5 cable from the dsnake out on the qu 32 to the Aviom?

Thank you.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

Should you guys be looking at a GLD system? That does what you want it to do.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I’m with Mervaka on this.
    I don’t have a GLD system but from what I see there comes a limit to where a price break and design in a system like the QU.
    I have not seen mentions of the AES out put in these forums?
    Maybe that could be software re-designed to add a box like the MU to supply other systems?

Profile photo of Kurt
    Kurt
    Participant

Thanks. But I’m still curious about potions and I’m not sure our volunteers would view the God as an easy transition from analog.

Does the QU32 have a way to output analog try to feed the Aviom AN-16/i v.2 Input Module?

I have to admit that I’m a musician with a basic understanding of mixing. I’m still trying to get arms around the structure of the current setup and how to convert to digital. Our current system feeds 4 monitor mixes, a feed to small speakers in the Gathering area, the Avioms, and a mono mix to 4 big flown main speakers (probably 18s). I still have to map it all out.
    If I could get the QU32 to provide for the current needs, it would be a good move for the short term.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

As Bob mentioned above, the Qu-32 has 24 mix outputs (analog on xlr). You say you currently need 5 mixes plus one feed to the mains. Simple math says that you could use the Qu-32 and have more than a dozen mix outputs to spare…

Profile photo of Dallas
    Dallas
    Participant

Is there a way to go digitally into an aviom system from a QU series console or do you need to use analog outputs into the Aviom AN-16?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Analogue.

Of course you might be able to sell the axiom and fund some me1’s

Or even just use the boards mix outputs into headphone amps, depending on your musician count….

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Just for curiosity: The monitor ports of AR2412 is advertised to be AVIOM compatible. Would be interesting if:
    – Someone could proof this works
    – Mixed operation of ME-1 and AVIOM is possible
    – AVIOM also works when directly connected to the Qu

If Aviom works from the AR2412 monitor ports, adding a AR2412 would allow to digitally feed the Avioms from Qu…

just found this in the GLD forum:
    Expander port of AB168 and Aviom?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

ahh, guess this compatibility is GLD only, since monitor mode needs to be switched between ME-1 and AVIOM which is not possible on the Qu….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.