Qu-32 And ME-1/ME-U-Global Pre/post mute source feeds

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-32 And ME-1/ME-U-Global Pre/post mute source feeds

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dick Rees Dick Rees 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of vga924
    vga924
    Participant

Hello, I am installing a QU-32 with ME-1/ME/U setup…I want the 40 source feeds to the ME-1 to be pre-fade/Post Mute so the musicians can have fun mixing custom mixes. I am currently stuck in Post…
    Where exactly do you change the global monitor sends to pre?
    I an referencing page 58 of the manual.I noticed that in the photo Output Patch is highlighted, but in the current firmware that says Input Patch…? a bit frustrated bc everything else is working great!
    I need this system online by the end of the weekend, so any help much appreciated.
    Everything else is working great. This is my second install using A&H, and I love the sound and the layout…I only wish I could design offsite from my laptop!
    Thanks
    VGA

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi VGA,

Qu mixers use the Direct Out of Input Channels to feed the ME-1/ME-U. Go to the Routing screen with any Input Channel selected to view the global Direct Out source option. You can set this pre-fade (for example post comp) but to still follow Mutes.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of vga924
    vga924
    Participant

Thanks
    I will give it a try!

Profile photo of vga924
    vga924
    Participant

I apologize but I still cannot find where I can pre-fade the monitor sources when I go to any input and processing and hit the focus but it shows me local the steak and USB patching as well as a global US source but it does not allow me to select the sources for the MEE one monitoring system please give me detailed instructions

Profile photo of vga924
    vga924
    Participant

This page?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Search the manual for direct out

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Hello…

I can understand what you’re trying to do and Nicola explained to you exactly what to do.

In your initial post you cited p. 56 of the manual or something like that, but there are many different versions (PDF’s), so you need to say WHICH version of the manual you are referencing. That said, you are looking for the instructions for “Channel Routing”. In one version of the manual it is under section 6.8, in a later version it is under section 8.8. Either way the directions are the same.

I think you are looking for specific instructions for the ME system, but ME is only one of the applcations for the direct outs, so the instructions and labeling will be a bit more general. Suffice it to say that the selection menu for the pick-off point of the channel direct outs governs the feed for the ME system aa well as the Mixes. This would seem to logically follow since the function of both ME and the Mixes would be for monitor purposes.

Use the first screen which appears when you do channel select > routing button. This will be the screen with the pick-off selection menu. DO NOT press the Fn button after the Routing button. That is one screen too far.

And remember:

Channel ME outputs follow channel Mix output selections. There will be nothing specifically labeled “ME DIRECT OUT”.

Dick Rees
    Participant

I was mistaken about the ME system not being mentioned directly. Here is a quote from the manual:

Channel Routing screen
    Adjust the channel Direct Output Trim from off to +10dB gain. The Direct Outputs can be patched to feed the internal FX devices, for example a delay effect send for a single vocal. They also feed the dSNAKE Monitor outputs (ME Personal Mixing System), and can be set as the CH/ST channel USB source.

Profile photo of vga924
    vga924
    Participant

Thank you so much for redefining what Nicola stated…I initially got a bit confused because I want my mixes to be post, and my DO to be prefade to ME…I will try the global setting tomorrow, that is exactly what I am looking for..Just in time!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Mixes are independent of the direct out’s, they are set on the routing screen for each channel.

Dick Rees
    Participant

Bob…

Thanks for the correction. Direct outs and Mix feeds are indeed separate.

dr

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.