Qu-32 and Aviom In-Ear

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-32 and Aviom In-Ear

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mrrayburn
    mrrayburn
    Participant

Hello All,

We recently purchased a Qu-32 console and the AR2412 remote audio rack. Our current in-ear monitoring system is Aviom A16ii Personal Mixer connected through the Aviom A-Net Unit. Here are my questions:

1. Has anyone tried using the Monitor port on the AR2412 with a Qu Series Console?
    2. Can the Qu-32 be configured so that I can use the AR2412 dSnake and also use the local inputs as inserts?

I am looking for options to continue using my current Aviom in-ear system until we have the funding to purchase the ME-1’s.

Thanks,
    Chris

mrrayburn
    Participant

I just came across the AR2412 manual where it states the Output Sockets (Line Out) can be used to patch any signal from the Qu to the AR2412. Maybe this an option to communicate from the A-Net to the board.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

If I remember correctly the GLD can configure the Monitor port on the AR unit to feed the Aviom system directly, the Qu can’t. Not sure if this could be fixed by software in some future firmware release. So you probably have to go analog from the mix outputs.
    And, yes, you can route any Mix/Group/Matrix to the remote output sockets, but not inputs directly.

The local channel TRS connectors are inputs not inserts (which would require an additional DACs per channel and switching the analog socket configuration from symmetrical IN to SEND+RETURN).

mrrayburn
    Participant

And, yes, you can route any Mix/Group/Matrix to the remote output sockets, but not inputs directly.
    -So, in this scenario, how do I get my Aviom A-net unit hooked to the XLR’s on the AR2412?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Something like the AN-16/i v.2 Input Module and XLR to TRS cables?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

We’re looking at doing similar with a Roland desk (£800/unit for the M48, which is brilliant) vs <£200/seat and a £200 ADC is a no brainer, even if I add in £800 for the extra outputs…

It’s got to be all analogue transmission though 🙁

On the 24 you could reasonably have 10 discrete outputs (panning through stereo mixes) or you could sacrifice groups to get even more. Nite that the Aviom channels don’t *have* to be individual instruments – they can be ‘draft’ mixes in their own right.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.