qu 24 with dbx driverack

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions qu 24 with dbx driverack

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of audiokla audiokla 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of payks
    payks
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Were planning to buy a QU24 with AH9981 Cat5 and AR2412 audio box but we have a second thought because of how we can reroute the dbx driverack in the qu mixer which is in the back of the audience to the main L/R speaker connected to the AR2412 audiobox which is place in the stage.
    Thank very much and we look forward to your answer on our inquiry.

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

Put the driverack in the same rack as the AR2412 on stage. The outs on the AR24 are assignable; assign one as mainL and one as mainR and plug them into your driverack inputs. If you want to keep the driverack with the qu at the rear of the auditorium, you’d have to go out of the QU mainLR sockets into the driverack, then go out of the driverack back into a spare channel (or 2,) on the Qu, then route the direct outs from those channel(s) to the AR2412 outputs, then feed your amps from these outputs. Doing this negates some functionality of the driverack though. Instead you could run a couple of XLR cables alongside your cat5 cable between the Qu and the AR.

Profile photo of audiokla
    audiokla
    Participant

That is exactly my question. I want to insert a BBE Maximizer to my L-R. The QU 24 has no main inserts and if I use the 2412, I have also no possibility to put the BBE between the multicore-cable and the QU-24 main outputs.

Greetings from Germany

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.