Qu 24 wireless router

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu 24 wireless router

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of skippy skippy 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DV
    DV
    Participant

Hi All, I am a new member of the Qu forum. I just bought a Qu 24 from A&H. I need your advice for these two questions:
    1) I would like to use an ipad2 to control my Qu 24 mixer when we play in the Hall. Do you have any recommendation which wireless router that I can buy for my Qu 24? 2) I mainly use the Qu 24 mixer for my live band and sometime we don’t have an internet connection/ signal in the hall that we play. Do I need to have an internet connection in order for the router to work with Qu24 and ipad? Please help ! Thanks-DV

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

No internet connection needed. Just configure the wireless router. Point your iPad to it as a wifi turn on DHCP on the console. Plug router into network port on the console. Should work.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Any Wireless access point with DHCP (or without if you want to set things manually…

I’ve used very expensive and very cheap device with good effect.

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

DV
    This is the wireless router we bought for our Qu-24 earlier this year and it has been working fine so far.

TP-LINK Archer C2 AC750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Cable Router
    https://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/cat-9_Archer-C2.html

Profile photo of DV
    DV
    Participant

All,
    Thank you so much for your responses and suggestions. I did purchase the Apple airport express router and it works great !

Profile photo of skippy
    skippy
    Participant

This is what we have been using after fighting all kinds of Router issues, I had to order it from overseas but this is the Bomb… Connecting is a thing of the past with this unit. Surprised no one has mentioned on of these on this forum.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Hmm – does it do VLAN over GigE cabling from the rear? If so then it is of serious interest..

Racked VLAN capable wireless access points are like hens teeth

Profile photo of skippy
    skippy
    Participant

Not sure on that, search it online I am sure you will find your answer. I found mine re-furbished.. Been using it for a year now, not a single drop out ever…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of skippy
    skippy
    Participant
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.