qu-24 – USB B returns 31-32?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting qu-24 – USB B returns 31-32?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jared2012
    Jared2012
    Participant

I’m using the Qu-24 to multitrack a band live. It’s working great. I’ve figured most everything out, but one thing still confuses me.

When I’m routing the audio back from my DAW (Logic Pro X) theres an output option for channels 31-32. I can’t seem to find where this would come back into the board?

Outputs 1-24 come back in their correlating channel, as long as I have the USB B source selected on that channel.
    25-26 is ST1
    27-28 is ST2
    29-30 is ST3
    31-32 is ?????????

I can choose 31-32 in Logic like it’s an option, but where the heck does that come back in the board? So confused…

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

For a Qu-24 that’s your limit. To use the full 32, you need a Qu-32, PAC or SB.

If you had a Qu-16 you’d be limited to 22 inputs from USB.

This ties in nicely with my mixing desk “rule” that says however many inputs and outputs you have available, sooner or later you’ll want at least one more! 😉

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yes!
    And then when you do have a QU32 and you want to mix all 32 channels and bring the [ITB] mix output back into the mixer you cant use ST1/2 or 3! 🙂

Profile photo of BRS
    BRS
    Participant

Could that be the AES?

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

According to the manual, the Qu-24 has 32 usb-b out and 30 usb-b in. I checked the Qu-Pad app and st1/3 can be sourced from the usb-b.

Profile photo of gravyface
    gravyface
    Participant

Reviving this thread, but on the input side, where is 31/32?

ST1 25/26
    ST2 27/28
    ST3 29/30
    ??? 31/32

Profile photo of Tom H.
    Tom H.
    Participant

I’m having the same issue, We are using the 32 outs for a live stream to Twitch at our church (32 outs from the USB send)

We would like to send the 32 outs from the DAW back to the board to some headphones to listen to the mix post DAW live (Right now the only way that we have to monitor it is by listening to the Twitch stream which is delayed)

Any thoughts?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

You would not send all 32 channels back to the board but just the stereo full mix and would need to select a pair of open channels/tracks on the mixer to assign that to with in the DAW.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.