QU-24 sends to ME1

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-24 sends to ME1

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of flyboy712 flyboy712 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of flyboy712
    flyboy712
    Participant

Hi,

I recently took over running a QU-24, the band is using ME1s. The ME1s are getting their feed from the dsnake and a network cable that runs to a 16 channel switch on stage and then to each ME1. Right now when I adjust channel faders it’s changing the levels on the ME1s. I’m trying to figure out where the send to the ME1s is coming from and how to make it pre fader so it’s not constantly changing for the band when I’m doing my live mix?

Thanks,
    Mike

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Youtube is your friend: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=qu24+pre+fader

Good luck !

Giga

Profile photo of Radar
    Radar
    Participant

Hi, do you need the MEU hub to connect your ME1’s to?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Double check in the IO patching what channels are assigned to what ME channel slots.
    I assume you want direct channel sources, but you can also select mixes, groups and FX as well.

In any input channels pre amp menu you want to select pre fade for the global direct output setting.

flyboy712
    Participant

Not sure what you’re referring to. My MEs are connected to the board via Ethernet cable from the Dsnake port. They work fine other than everytime I make adjustments to the main mix it also changes the MEs. The band is complaining.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Using a hub would let home run the ME cables back to the hub and not have to link them in series and the hub will power them so no need to use the power supplies on each ME.
    Using a hub does not change the issue your having.

Have you had a chance to try changing the set up config?

flyboy712
    Participant

Ah yes, sorry long day. I wasn’t connecting hub/switch haha. No It doesn’t have to be ran through a hub/switch like said above it just let’s the MEs get their power via Ethernet rather than the wall worts.

I have figured out the issue it was with the direct out settings. I also have several mixes going as well and those I sorted out pretty quickly. First time running A&H boards and it was very poorly configured when I took over so it’s been good learning experience figuring out how to get around in the settings.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.