Qu-24 Scene access for Standard users

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-24 Scene access for Standard users

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

Dave I tried setting up the soft key but it didn’t work. I must be missing some step in the procedure.
    I logged on as Admin and then selected Standard user and then went to Setup…Control…SoftKeys, and selected Key 3 as Recall Scene (and I already set Scene 1 as the startup User Scene for Standard user) and pressed Apply. I then logged out, powered down, powered back up and logged on as Standard user and selected a scene (Scene 11) and pressed SoftKey 3, but it didn’t change the scene to Scene 1. Any ideas what I did wrong?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Did you block softkeys from being reloaded on scene change? See The Filter Screen on Page 60 in The Manual.

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

I don’t think so Andreas as a red dot on filter button would appear on all the scenes and I don’t ‘recall’ seeing that, but I will check tonight.

Just a query on the overwriting (or not) of parameters upon scene recall.
    Say I have ‘Mute all channels’ on Softkey 1, ‘Mute channels 21-24 only’ on Softkey 2. But in Scene 11 I block Softkeys, so if I am in Scene 8 Softkeys 1 and 2 would have the above mute functions active but if I recall scene 11 there would be nothing assigned to Softkeys 1 and 2, yes?
    But when the manual says “Blocked parameters – These are not overwritten when the scene is recalled”, I’m not sure I understand what is overwritten means? So taking the above example, if I recall Scene 11 (which has the Softkeys parameter blocked), that sentence would then mean that “Softkeys are not overwritten when the scene is recalled”, but overwritten with what? If it said that a parameter is or isn’t loaded when a scene is recalled that is clear, but the term overwritten is confusing, to me anyways?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Ok, I’ll try to explain… 😉
    Any scene essentially contains the complete mixer setup, including settings for each channel strip, routing and the soft key assignments. This is great if you frequently move the setup betweeen totally different locations.
    Without any filter loading a scene will restore that complete setup. So, if you assign a soft key, store that as Scene 1 and then recall Scene 11 this assignment is overwritten with whatever contained in Scene 11 for that key.
    Using the “Block SoftKey” filter will load a Scene without touching those assignments (last assignment maintained). This can be specified per scene or globally (for all scenes).
    You probably prefer to use the global Block SoftKey filter to not edit any scene available for your “normal” users, so it is irrelevant which scene they recall, softkeys stay assigned.
    Problem is, that if some admin user changes the assignments, they do not come back when loading Scene 1 as well.
    So maybe setting a Scene Filter for each of the User Scenes would be the better approach and loading Scene 1 also restores the default softkey assignments.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.