QU-24 Rout FX return to a channel

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-24 Rout FX return to a channel

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Radar Radar 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Radar
    Radar
    Participant

Hi
    I am trying to route one of the FX returns to a channel and can see where to do it, back panel of the effect and select ch return but it doesnt seem to work. All ideas welcome!

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

You can’t; the output of the FX always goes to an FX-return which you then can assign to FOH and/or mixes/groups (unless you’re using that fx as an insert in a channel)

Good luck !

Giga

Profile photo of Radar
    Radar
    Participant

Thanks for that. Using another iPad to have the FX returns in view is kind of working.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

If you just need/want a common level control for all the FX returns you can put all the FX returns on a DCA group.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@radar
    If it’s about having access to the faders at all times, you could also set up your custom layer to include FX returns alongside input channels.
    This is done in the ‘Setup > Control > Custom Layer’ screen and accessed by pressing both layer keys on the surface at the same time.
    Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Radar
    Radar
    Participant

Hi Mike, I am either blind or stupid, possibly both but DCA’s on a QU-24?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@radar

Also available on the custom layer (plus the routing screen and Qu-Pad)
    https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Qu-Mixer-Reference-Guide-AP9372_10.pdf#page=45&zoom=auto,-274,826

🙂

Profile photo of Radar
    Radar
    Participant

Thanks Keith, that worked for me!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.