QU-24 – QU-PAD remote PFL

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions QU-24 – QU-PAD remote PFL

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of NDraycott
    NDraycott
    Participant

I am after a little advice. I have a qu24, which is one of the best desks I have ever used, and find it so easy to use with the iPad app. The problem I have is that the iPad app has no audio. My idea is to use a wireless headset ( decent headphones with a muteable mic) then on the base unit it I could take the headphone output from the desk and the mic return signal to one Chanel on the desk. This way I could listen one the pal and talk back to the stage where they are using 6 me-1 units. However, I can not find a product to do this. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could achieve this or know of a better way of doing it.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

You could use a wireless comms system however you can’t access the pafl remotely with QU Pad so you would be limited to hearing one mix or pafl at a time.

Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

The PAFL Buttons are available at the bottom of the Qu-Pad App. An in-ear Tx/Rx and a pair of headphones is the way to go.
    https://www.allen-heath.com/media/IMG_0099_1024.jpg

Profile photo of NDraycott
    NDraycott
    Participant

It is the wireless comms system I am struggling with. I can find wireless in ear receivers and wireless mic transmitters but not a single tranmite/receive unit. If I could find one I could wire it to the desk (headphone output and 1 mic channel input and it would work. The QU-Pad app lets you select with channels are on PFL but the audio signal is not transmitted to the IPad.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

If you do find wireless comms, make sure that they sound OK. Some I’ve come across have pretty low bandwidth and sound a bit like an old telephone system.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Any suggestions at reasonable cost? I’m starting to consider a little FM transmitter for PAFL

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.