Qu-24 Pafl Problem

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-24 Pafl Problem

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kalle Kalle 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kalle
    Kalle
    Participant

Yesterday I had this weird issue where on qu-24 the Pafl bus did not work.
    I expected the headphone amp would be broken, then I thought what if I route the Pafl to Alternative out: also no signal.

Then I fiddled around with the settings of the Pafl bus, I tried all combinations.
    Still no sound on Pafl.
    Then reboot:
    No changes….

Then I did a factory reset (after backing up my show)

The Pafl Bus was working again!

Did anyone else had a same experience?
    And did the problem showed up again?

Profile photo of Kalle
    Kalle
    Participant

Had this problem again the last days, this time with a reboot the audio on headphone PFL bus was there again.

what could this be??? I also wrote today about a alt out problem on our QU-PAC.
    i need reliable equipment, is there something I should check? the only thing what both consoles have in common is a StageRack AR2412 and on the Network Side a wireless Router (with POE)

Profile photo of Rafael A&H
    Rafael A&H

Hello @Kalle,

Since this has been solved with a Hard Reset, it is likely to be something operational (A setting or configuration).
    Please send a message to Support@ allen-heath.com with all the details on both issues (The PAFL and the ALT OUT), kindly add a screenshot of your PAFL settings on the moment of the issue experienced, and we will be happy to look into this with you.

Thank you,
    Rafael

Profile photo of Kalle
    Kalle
    Participant

Update:

The board was in a repair center.
    And today it Fame back:
    Before I sent it in I decided to test it and diagnose the problem.
    Turns out: when the board is disconnected a longer time from a power source then: all local analog outputs (7 dsp chips?) do not work anymore.
    The aes output is still working though.

D-snake outputs where working always, after rebooting the local outputs where there again…

My thoughts were going in the direction of power supply problems, but it turned out to be a little bit more expensive
    Apparently there was an issue With the mainboard.

So I had this replaced, now everything is working like it should be…
    For a 10 year old board this was quite an expensive repair. But it was worth it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.