QU 24 Logic I/O plugin problem

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU 24 Logic I/O plugin problem

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of garyh garyh 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ambiator
    ambiator
    Participant

Hullo

Hopefully someone could help me… I´m happy user of Logic X and QU 24. I have now and then tried to hook up my outboard gear with logics I/O, but this far I just don´t get it how to do it.

This far my idea of using up external ger would be this:

1. External gears output is connected with XLR cables to Qu´s inputs 1-2. These tracks are set as LOCAL tracks on QU and in Logics I/O plugin set as inputs.

2. The output of Logics I/O plugin are QU´s channels physical inputs 3-4. These channels are set as USB B on QU.

3. Global USB source is USB B Streaming

And it doesen´t work. Channels 3-4 route the tracks from the DAW, but it doesen´t route through the outboard gear.

Yes, i´m doing something wrong, I feel stupid and yes, I have searched for the answer…any ideas…

Pete

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Make sure you have the outputs set in the Qu ASIO settings.

Profile photo of ambiator
    ambiator
    Participant

Thank you Gary – that’s something I haven’t tried. Now just one question – do you mean output settings of QU mixer itself?
    In my example the external gears output is connected to QUs physical inputs 3-4, and they act as Logic I/O plugins output channels.

So, should I be able to make these inputs act as outputs from QUs setup – I/O patch – USB Audio menu?

Sorry, I just need some crowbar with these things, but I appreciate every nugget of wisdom that could solve this one….

Pete

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Okay, now I see what you’re doing. Add only channels 3&4 to a stereo mix. Run XLRs from the mix outputs to your outboard unit. Make sure to pan 3&4 in the mix L&R and the mix is set to Pre-fader.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.