Qu-24 live sound for a church

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-24 live sound for a church

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Preacher
    Preacher
    Participant

I have that QU-24 and now I believe I have everything connected correctly. I have snake connected to the board, the main speakers in A-B xlr, I have the monitors in B-C xlr. I hear sound from the mains but nothing from the monitors. Am I suppose to preset the board to certain parameters to have sound also come from the monitors? Some one please assist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Well…

Are the monitors/Amos plugged into XLR outputs on the desk or on the snake?
    What are you trying to send to them – what do you get when you PreFade their mix?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Really need more info. The monitor sends to amps or powered speakers should plugged into Mix 1 and Mix 2 on the console. Mains to Left and Right.

Press LR above master fader to see the mains out. Then press mix 1 now bring up the channels you need in mix 1. Then press mix/monitor 2. Now you bring up what you want into mix/monitor 2. Pressing those blue buttons show the levels of each channel into that mix buss.

Hope that helps.

Profile photo of Preacher
    Preacher
    Participant

Thanks all!!! gcumbee thanks for your your suggestions help the most. I tried what u suggested and it worked. I just have another question. Am I suppose to switch back and forward between LR button and the mix/monitor button to set the mix between the main outputs and monitor output?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Short answer is yes. They are independent mixes. The LR is what the people hear in the sanctuary. The mix 1,2 are what you hear in the monitors. So you have to switch back and forth to adjust them. Once you’re set on the monitors you shouldn’t have to adjust them much.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.