QU-24 iTunes out main LR ?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-24 iTunes out main LR ?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Norrie
    Norrie
    Participant

Hi guys just added in the QU-24 to my live setup and for mobile location recording I used it briefly over the weekend to try it out and as with all Allen & Heath gear I’m really impressed!

For me to play music from iTunes, Spotify et so far I’ve had to make my Mac send the out out through 25-26 for ST1 or 27-28 for ST2 etc

I would like to find a way I can completely bypass that and come out the LR that I’m assuming is 31-32

The problem is that when I pick 31-32 from the Mac I get absolutely no signal
    I’m wondering I’ve I’ve perhaps overlooked a step as I’ve not had a lot of time to spend with the desk yet but ideally that’s how I’d like for some things to be routed directly to the main output

Can anyone offer any setup advice on this ?

Thanks in advance !

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

A couple of things with this. First of all, I think you’re confusing inputs with outputs. You’re not sending your Mac out THROUGH ST1 or ST2. You’re sending your Mac INTO ST1 or ST2. Then you are sending ST1 or ST2 out through the L/R outputs.

You cannot bypass a channel to get into to the L/R outputs. That MUST go through a channel.

You can see a list of all of the channel patches on page 74 of the User Manual.

Art

Profile photo of Norrie
    Norrie
    Participant

Thanks for the reply

Sorry if I have caused you confusion as I have just written it in a slightly different way the routing is still exactly the same.

That’s unfortunate I’d have liked to have totally bypassed a channel to reach the main output for a few reasons definitely not a game changer but that’s a story for another thread.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

just use a 3.5 mm stereo plug and plug the laptop into ST-1, ST-2 or ST-3,
    much easier and no fussing with routing.

PLUG AND PLAY

Profile photo of Norrie
    Norrie
    Participant

Yeah but that still wouldn’t bypass the stereo channel so I’d be one channel down.

As said it’s not a game changer I’ll just use it over USB I just would have liked to by pass any additional channels and come straight out the 2 bus.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

as Art said 🙂

Any audio reaching the L/R output has got to be controlled by something,
    so your Mac’s audio must be connected to at least two mono channels, or one of the stereo returns.
    The Qu doesn’t care how it receives music from your Mac, but it is audio and it must go into audio channels.
    Bypassing audio inputs is not possible.

Profile photo of Norrie
    Norrie
    Participant

Yes I understand that fully.
    I know from my A&H GS-R24m and various interfaces in the studio I can go straight to the 2 bus so was the only reason for the question. I was pretty sure it couldn’t be done on the QU was just checking I hadn’t over looked anything was all.

It’s not a issue 🙂

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

The only way you can do this is to feed your recording from the USB “B” output (hard drive, DAW or computer) and use ST3 and Air Play for your playback input.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I wish the QU had a patch from the network port directly to an ST input. I know that I installed a music system a few years ago in a dance hall using a Denon receiver. Denon offers an app that allows airplay. You hook the receiver to your router. Then you can play iTunes or any other player direct from you mobile device. I do this with Apple TV all the time on AV installations. But you have to have a HDMI connection.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.