QU-24 fader levels when recording into Ableton live

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-24 fader levels when recording into Ableton live

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dcer10
    dcer10
    Participant

When making multi track recordings into Ableton live, I want live to record the audio as mixed (eg the level of the input trim less the fader position) so that my mixes when played back in live are the same as the mix when creating the song prior to recording.

What is happening is that the tracks are being recorded at the input level only and I need to use the software faders to try to mix the song similarly to the mix I originally had prior to recording it. The fader positions seem to be ignored when recording.

Is there a way to record the inputs as mixed on the desk and avoid mimicking the fader positions again post recording?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Check out any channel’s Routing Screen, there you can setup your preferred Global Direct out Settings. There’s a Follow Fader button which should do the trick.

Profile photo of dcer10
    dcer10
    Participant

Hi, sorry for the extremely long delay! I have the follow fader button on (seems to be the default) but the recordings are still at pre fader level. Is there another setting that might influence this too?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Well, there is also the choice to feed USB streams from Direct Out source of from Insert Sends (on routing screen, see pg. 52 in The Manual). The Insert Send option does bypass Mutes and Fades, so I guess that’s the point to look at.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.