Qu-24 electrical noises during streaming

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-24 electrical noises during streaming

Tagged: 

This topic contains 117 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ermep01 Ermep01 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Wow ! Penny would call you a smart cookie 🙂 !

Profile photo of troyp
    troyp
    Participant

I have this issue on a computer with an NVIDIA chipset, but I’m not positive if the USB is Intel. Probably not. I’ll check this coming weekend and report back.

I have two other Macs (both circa early 2012 I believe) that had the same issue initially and suddenly stopped having it. I never found out what the problem may have been, but I suppose it could have been a driver update by Apple that happened unknowingly that fixed it.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thanks troyp!

Yeah Nvidia I don’t believe ever handle the chipsets on motherboards for usb peripherals, just typically the GPU side of the house.
    In a lot of cases I know that Intel has been widespread even through Mac and through various different MB.

What Motherboard is it?

So looking at the Era of Macs that you described. They completely switched over to Intel at least for all of their CPU.
    Still looking for information on the peripheral chipset. I see a lot of people using Mac talking about installing Intel drivers versus the “Apple” OEM intended drivers as well.

So there was a phase out period where the southbridge was basically integrated directly into the CPU.
    I am not for sure your model of Mac but regardless it almost looks like most all the controllers used by Mac are Intel.

Quite possibly a driver update did fix this issue.

-s

Profile photo of troyp
    troyp
    Participant

Years back NVIDIA for a short time did create chipsets (including North and Southbridges) for AMD processors. I think the laptop that is having the issue might have one of those chipsets in it. But I’m not sure if NVIDIA designed any USB controllers themselves. I’ll have to look at it this weekend though because I don’t have it in my possession.

Yea, the two Macbook Pro’s I was referring to are Intel-based. I believe they started that whole transition around 2006. One of them is my personal laptop so I’ll check that out too later tonight.

Profile photo of jakethepeg
    jakethepeg
    Participant

@sephult, thanks very much for your time trouble shooting this and for posting your solution! I had given up on USB-B recording as I’d tried all of the suggested solutions with no success (short of replacing components as some seem to have done). I made your suggested bios change, ran a 20 minute test audio recording and didn’t have one noise issue!! I’m not doing any live recordings till January so I’ll test again then but at this point I’m very happy, thanks!!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

No problem jakethepeg!

Now tell A&H to hook me up. : )
    hahaha

-sephult

jakethepeg
    Participant

🙂 Good luck with that!

Profile photo of troyp
    troyp
    Participant

@sephult OK, so my Mac that started working has an Intel 6/C200 EHCI controller which only supports USB 2.0. I know the Windows laptop (the NVIDIA one) is older and only has USB 2.0 as well, so I won’t find an XHCI option in the BIOS. So the problem you found only happens with XHCI controllers?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I am not completely knowledgeable on XHCI.
    It looks like the specification was as early as 2009.
    I couldn’t find much more information on where it was used first or applied.

Who knows what the interaction could be, the driver issues with controllers…etc…
    My path led me to the frame issue, and more so onto the XHCI so I really don’t have enough detailed information on if and how they can interact, or quite possibly there is something other-related that is the issue.
    It could be the way that the driver/firmware for the QU-32 is just more susceptible to different cases as well, and XHCI and this possible framing clue could somehow be related to having the ability to push that boundary.

At this point, I can help others…but not worth time digging much deeper finding the root cause or learning the XHCI/Specs on my part.

-s

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

troyp,

I started looking back making sure your and my case too was similar. Yes I finally found your sample audio and this is the issue I was running into as well.

So send me your computer configurations and I will look into them and see if I can find anything further.
    I am scouring trying to find any other relative information on the top-level. If you get me more details maybe we can also find out what your cause is and/if somewhat related…

-s

Profile photo of JP
    JP
    Participant

Thanks sephult! Disabling xHCI in the bios did the trick for me too.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Awesome JP!

Yeah mine has worked perfect since…. as well too!
    I did get a message back from A&H, I am very surprised this isn’t a pinned topic…or there isn’t more info in their faq regarding this issue.

Send me a T-Shirt A&H, come on I’d Rock that! haha

jakethepeg
    Participant

What did A&H say?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Just a thank you for passing the incredibly useful information to them and thoroughness in what I did …etc…
    I usually get paid for doing that, not pay for something to do it on….lol

No hard feelings, love the Qu-32 and I am glad I could help out the community as well…that is the biggest thing to me.
    Would be cool like I said if they put in their pinned troubleshooting, or faq…as it seemed it was almost 6 months or more with people that had no answers…hmm two days or three days…come on where is that T-Shirt…lol 😉

-s

Profile photo of Boriss
    Boriss
    Participant

Hi,i my self also have that electri noise via playback(daw,you tubr,itunes….)i m usinh a macbook pre mid 2014 2,2 ghz intel core I7,graphics intel iris pro 1536 mb with my A&H qu24..how do i get rid of that ugly sound. plase help.
    thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.