QU 24 Custom Layer and DCA

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU 24 Custom Layer and DCA

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jack
    Jack
    Participant

The job is usually talking heads around a table.

So I want 4 mono outputs. Same mix to each, but different levels. One for truck, one for press, one for PA, etc. I thought I could use MIX 1-4 for the outputs.
    I created DCA group with the mics.
    I created custom layer with some mics, MIX 1 and MIX 2, MIX 3, MIX 4 and the DCA #1 on a fader.

I can’t make this work. I have to raise the mics on each mix separately.
    what am I missing?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

pre/post ?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

When you say “same mix to each but different levels” I assume you mean that what ever the the master mix reference is you want that same mix balance to be sent to the mix outs 1 -4 and the overall mix out levels are set as needed.

To do that the mix outs all need to be set post fade and the mix fader levels all need to be set the same for each channel.

The master reference mix would need to “mixed” while the mixer is in the main LR mix mode so that all of those changes are reflected on mix outs.

What QU mixer do you have?
    You could also do just about the same thing by assigning all the needed input channels to groups and use each of the group outs for your feeds. The groups masters could set the output levels as needed.

You do not want to assign the groups to the main LR mix if you do it that way.

The overall mix reference would still need to be done while in the main LR mix mode.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.