QU-24 crush after update

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-24 crush after update

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of CBM CBM 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lasolitude
    lasolitude
    Participant

Hi guys!

Hope you may help.

There is a problem with my QU-24. After updating the firmware from QU-24 V1.73 to QU-24 1.82, occassionally I have installed the wrong firmware assigned for QU-Pac V1.82 (16-channels). Don’t ask me how, but I did it. Then the story begins..

I wanted to backup QU-Pac V1.82 to QU-24 V1.73 version, but the mixer couldn’t find the file of firmware on USB key. Then in order to make it possible for mixer to find the file of update, I just renamed QU-24 V1.73.quu file on my USB to Q-Pac V1.73.quu. The process of installation started and it end up with fail after reboot.

Now the console is just not reacting, buttons are not working. When I turn it on, the display shows the start screen of device and not loading anything, it’s not working actually.

Is there any way to solve this problem, to make a backup maybe or hard restart (btw the standard way of hard reset is not working too). Not any button react. Please help!!

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

Hi lasolitude, try this:

After removing all QUU files from your key, put a fresh copy of the Qu24 firmware image back on. Turn off your Qu24. Put your key into the USB-A slot. Hold the USB (above preamp) and HPF in buttons down as you power up. This should invoke the bootloader to look for a new firmware image on a USB key and force an update.

EDIT: I *strongly* recommend that users refrain from renaming QUU files. While the codebase is mostly common, there are distinctly separate builds for each product in the range.

Hope this helps,

DC

Profile photo of lasolitude
    lasolitude
    Participant

Hello DavidCo!

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately it didn’t work either. Finally, I’ve just passed the console to the service centre. Hope they will find a solution.

Certainly, I will never do the same mistake again.

Profile photo of CBM
    CBM
    Participant

March 17, 2024

After downloading the latest Qu 24 firmware update (V1.98) to my Qu 24 formatted usb drive then inserting the usb drive into the qu 24 usb slot, the qu 24 does not find the new firmware file. The file is located in the root drive of the usb drive and is not in any folder. The update button on the qu 24 never illuminates and I get a message saying the file isn’t found. Any suggestions?

Separate issue: When sending fx to separate mixes on qu 24, I’m noticing that the main fader level returns to zero (silent) after navigating the set up. Is there a reason that the master fader on the mix automatically goes to zero during this set up? Seems strange that the qu doesn’t remember that it was set differently.

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

Are you downloading to a Mac running the latest software? It simply will not download properly for some reason. I ended up downloading on an old Mac Book running a much older OS and no problems. I hope it is something as simple for you.

Phil

Profile photo of CBM
    CBM
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I am using the latest Mac OS software on my MacBook Pro to download the file from Allen and Heath. I’ll have to find another way to download the firmware unless A&H can fix this download bug.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.