QU-24 Console Froze during Show

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-24 Console Froze during Show

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ned ned 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Vijkan
    Vijkan
    Participant

This is how i generally use my QU-24.

Setup Console with my Linksys Router next to it.
    Have my IPAD with QU App running as Admin
    Manage my DCA’s / RTA / Meters via IPAD
    Use the QU-24 Console keys/faders for general show management.

This has worked out well for me till Last Sunday. I was in midst of a Show with IPAD-QU App connected and everything going good.
    Suddenly IPAD App lost connection to Mixer. ( IPAD is next to Router). When I tried to connect it back, it kept giving me cannot connect message. I tried then logging in as a Standard user and IPAD logged in, but i had limited function. So i logged out and tried connecting as Admin again. After 3 or 4 retries (also few router reboots) the App-Connected and I was relieved.

Suddenly i observed my QU-24 Console was frozen and un-responsive. I could not do anything on it, there were some announcements being made for which i needed to turn off the Fx and i could not do it from the console OR the APP.

The next song started and the Console returned to normal, but with some fader changes which affected my main mix. I fixed it and then everything continued. Till it happened again.

I had the problem 3 to 4 times and had the band give me quizzing looks, as all their monitors kept going off. When it happened the 5 time, I turned off the IPAD and Voila the console started responding and never gave me any problems.

So it seems that the IPAD and QU-24 got into a Conflict for resources or something.

Any ideas on what could cause this.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Vijkan,

Are you running the latest firmware on your Qu?

This is likely caused by some interference on the network. Were you using 2.4gHz or 5gHz connection with your router?

Thanks

Alex

Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

This happened to me once on a QU-16, suspiciously the very next gig after I did an OS update on the iPad. It only ever happened that one time, and it was during sound check so I rebooted the desk and all was well. At another venue, I couldn’t connect to my QU-PAC at all which was a little concerning, but I put this down to heavy WiFi traffic at the venue and the fact my Router was a TP-Link travel plug-in type that only did 2.4GHz. I subsequently upgraded to a much more powerful and good quality router with 2.4 and 5GHz and have suffered no further issues. My money is on the iPad for this, especially as when you turned it off everything returned to normal.

Profile photo of Vijkan
    Vijkan
    Participant

@alex – I am actually few firmware releases behind, will do the update soon. From a WI-FI perspective, i think its 2.4Ghz.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Vijkan,

In that case, I would make sure you are on that latest.

Also, running your wireless in 2.4gHz does open the possibility of interference when the frequency is flooded with other 2.4gHz devices – Phones are a big culprit of this. So I would recommend you try a 5gHz connection in future, especially if the iPad is in close proximity to the router.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of ned
    ned
    Participant

i think its a hardware problem one of your faders failed that is its dirty with dust ive experience it many times …try to spray all the faders with a contact cleaner…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.