Qu-24 + AR2412

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-24 + AR2412

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stonepiano Stonepiano 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stonepiano
    Stonepiano
    Participant

Hey Nicola,

I am happy to announce that the Qu24 I used for my circus season has performed flawlessly for almost one hundred shows. I am still wishing for some improvements in the scene-department, but the main thing is that the console sounds great and is fast to get around on. Haven’t even touched the Superstrip, because the touchscreen-knob is all I need.
    I am thinking of buying the AR24 next, and I have one question:
    Can I use the console’s outputs while using the rack on stage for inputs?

Happy New Year!

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Yes! You can choose between local and Stagebox Outputs! Same for the inputs! Either local or stagebox (choosable per channel!)

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

for the outputs, you do not have to choose one or the other,
    you can use the console outputs and AR2412 outputs simultaneously.

Dan

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

It’s also worth mentioning that while the physical outputs on the QU are fixed to their relevant mixes/groups etc, the outputs on the ARs can be configured on a socket-by-socket basis for any mix, mains (stereo or mono sum,) group, mtx or pafl.

Stonepiano
    Participant

Hey Dan,

Did I get this right? You can use all outputs on both the remote rack and the console simultaneously? 24 outputs? That would be wonderful! Has anyone tried this?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Well, I’ve not used literally all 24 at once, but I have used some from the desk and some from the AR, including mix 9/10 from both at the same time.

Stonepiano
    Participant

That is great- I am going to get the rack, and donĀ“t have to moan about not being able to split stereo outputs. The fact that same outputs work from both the console and remote is very promising…

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

24 physical outputs, you don’t get to double up on mixes…

Stonepiano
    Participant

Obviously not. But nevertheless, it could sometimes be useful to run a snake to some speakers from the console position, rather than stage. You can put a delay-box in between.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.