Qu-24 and Qu-16 as one console

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-24 and Qu-16 as one console

This topic contains 26 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DjBear DjBear 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DjBear
    DjBear
    Participant

Workin on a new project…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Good on you DjBear.
    Nice to see another person thinking outside the square.
    I have myself used multiples of QU in different combinations.

Do you think its possible to put s simple hand drawn schematic up in this forum for other people to show them how it this is wired?

Thank you
    NZdave

Profile photo of DjBear
    DjBear
    Participant

Yes, definitely. If you can make clean photo or scan on your schematic drawings (size under 500kb), you can put it up here. I’m also thinking on it, because more people asked me to show them how I wired my systems.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Sorry Lost in translation.
    I meant can you put your schematic of your system up on here?

Cheers
    NZdave

Profile photo of DjBear
    DjBear
    Participant

Oh, I see. All right, I’ll try it. Untill that let me give some help to the “multiple QU users”. On my first picture the QU-24 channels are separated on 3 groups in MIX5-6, MIX7-8, MIX9-10. These MIX outs go in the 3 stereo inputs of QU-16. So we got 40 mono and 3 stereo inputs. On my second picture you can see an installation for a rock band. 32 channels are enough for them. On QU-24 the channels from 1 to 11 are the drum section, the grey knobs control the rack and floor toms. The next five channels (blue knobs) are guitar channels. The last 8 channels receive keyboards. On QU-16 the first 8 channels are for vocals. The second 8 channels (yellow knobs) are group faders. Ch9 is the bass, ch10 is also a mono group for kick, snare and hi-hat. Ch11/12 is a stereo group for overheads and toms. Ch14/15 is the stereo group for guitars, ch15-16 for keyboards.

Profile photo of rlandman
    rlandman
    Participant

Have you test to see if, with the new firmware releases, if these can be linking through Ethernet Cable? I know you can now digitally link the QU and SQ series…thanks

Profile photo of DjBear
    DjBear
    Participant

In April we may have a work for a symphony orchestra. That production needs 48 channels and more groups, so we are going to use two QU-24 for inputs and one QU-16 for groups. The whole console will be just 170 cm wide this way. (48ch analog consoles are often 2 meters wide or more.) Stereo MIXes (5-6, 7-8, 9-10) and main L/R outputs on both QU-24 will be the group outputs of different kind of strings, brasses, flutes, oboes, percussion, etc. Those 16 channels (8 stereo groups) will be controlled by QU-16.
    So that will be a 48 mono and 6 stereo inputs setup.

Profile photo of DjBear
    DjBear
    Participant

I haven’t tested through ethernet cable. We use Linksys 1Gbps wifi router for the connection.

Profile photo of Dkhand
    Dkhand
    Participant

I’m interested in learning about the ethernet link between mixer. But does that only works between a Qu and a Sq? Or can I do 2 Qu mixers together?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Profile photo of DjBear
    DjBear
    Participant

My QU-24 and 16 are connected to the same router, but as I see, we can not make a master/slave connection between the two consoles. I gess there is no such menu on these softwares.

Profile photo of DjBear
    DjBear
    Participant

Many people ask me about BCF2000 using as a group controller with QU mixers. I worked with analog systems from 1981 to 2015, so nowadays we combine the analog and digital connections. I can not connect directly a BCF controller to the QU units, but I can get the groups together (from not only one QU mixer) on a digital submixer, that I can control by BCF and I can see all functions on it’s softwares. Last week we used this system…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of DjBear
    DjBear
    Participant

Hi Dave!

I use the Behringer X Air X18 mixer, because it’s so simply compatible with BCF2000 that you need only to plug the MIDI Din Tx and Rx cables and they work together perfectly without any setup.
    The Lan of the X18 is connected to a Gigabit router, so I can use the X Air Edit software on a MacBook, connected by Lan, and the X Air android app on wifi. (see on the picture)
    All of the QU Mix outputs are plugged into the X18 by XLR cables.

The all system is very simple and stabile.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.