QU 24 and D-snake

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU 24 and D-snake

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mark Mark 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

Hello,

I am completely new to digital mixing.

I am interested in getting a QU24 Mixer.

I just wanted to ask please that if I use the QU24 mixer front of house with an AR2412 on stage and then use the dSnake to connect to the front of house position, can the engineer front of house still use the input sockets on the back of the mixer at the same time as the D-snake. We have all live instruments on stage but then we also perform to a click track run from either a laptop or a Tascam Solid State player which needs to be set up and operated from the front of house mix position, so once the dSnake is connected do the inputs on the back of the mixer stop working ?

Many thanks.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Yes. It’s either or. You have choice of input 1-24 local or 1-24 DSnake. Just obviously not both at the same time.
    There is a routing or patching screen for this. Press select on any channel. Press the preamp section in the processing screen and then the function button lower left side of the touchscreen. There you find the input patching. Local or Dsnake or USB.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

If it wasn’t clear enough, the choice is per channel! And in addition to the 24 mono channels on a Qu24 there are also three stereo input channels (ST1-3), which could be sourced via dSnake or locally as well (or from USB).

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Was gonna mention those and forgot.

Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

Many thanks for that guys.

Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

Hi Andreas,

If the choice is per channel, does that mean that I cound have 20 channels set to dsnake and 4 set to local at the same time.

Thanks again.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yes, any combination of local/USB/dSnake.

The usb is globally selected between QuDrive and usbB

Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

Thanks Bob.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.