QU-24: 7 stereo monitor mixes for IEM

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-24: 7 stereo monitor mixes for IEM

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Barryjam Barryjam 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hessel
    Hessel
    Participant

Is it possible to configure 7 stereo monitor-mixes with my QU-24?

I need 5 stereo-mixes for vocals/guitarists which should be wireless and 2 stereo-mixes for drum/keyboard which could be wired.

Can I use 2x ME-500 for the drum/keyboard, and monitor 1,2,3,4,5/6,7/8,9/10 for the wireless connections?

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

The method I used is two ME units plus

Aux 5-6 IEM mix
    Aux 7-8 IEM mix
    Aux 9-10 IEM mix

For the final two mixes, change a Group on the mixer into a Mix, then route that mix into a matrix out.

and YES, you can control these final two Group mixes via QU4you app.

(if you haven’t already purchased, I greatly prefer Me-1 over Me-500, because the Me-500 forces you into carefully selecting which sound sources are in outputs 1-16 in the I/O section.)

Profile photo of Hessel
    Hessel
    Participant

OK, thanks for your reply.

Our budget is limited, but after counting our sound sources the ME-1 is probably the better choice.

So using d-snake has no effect on the availability off your auxes.

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

D-snake just gives you another location for your aux outputs. It doesn’t add auxes or change mono to stereo. I happen to like my Ar2412 being permanently wired to IEM transmitters, but that is a matter of convenience, not necessity.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.