Qu 16 x Pro Tools 12

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu 16 x Pro Tools 12

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lou Lou 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

Hey everyone
    I recently switched (or am trying to..) switch from Logic Pro X to Pro Tools 12. The thing is that I can’t get the damn thing to playback. I have my monitors hooked up to the main R/L outputs. And the tracks record no problem but I can’t hear anything. I have 2 other band mates whom are recording with me as well. We tried to connect a headphone amp to the headphone jack but it doesn’t work that way either. Anyone with any idea of what I’m doing wrong? Thanks

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Did you switch the inputs to USB for playback?? Did it work with Logic?

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

Hey Lou,
    So, on logic, the preference menu allowed me to select a separate input from the output. In that case, I use Qu16 as the input and my built in out put on my monitors.

On protools 12, I don’t have the option to select a different output from the input. If the input is Qu16, then so will the output (called “playback engine”) be.

On the I/O menu it shows a monitor path from outputs 15/16. But that’s where I get lost because even if I route the channels 15/16 to main L/R still no Sound comes out.

Im going to try the USB preamp button tonight. We’ll see.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Can you create an Aggregate Device and use that?

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202000

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Aggregate might be good but I have never done that yet in 17 years pf Pro Tooling. But you did not state which built-n L/R output you meant – the computer or the Qu. I assumed you meant the Qu’s hardware out. ??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.