QU-16 with MIDI Interface

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-16 with MIDI Interface

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 9 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I am buying a QU-16. I have a MacBook Pro 2012, with 2 USB 3.0 ports. I also have a USB Midi Patch bay (EDIROL/ROLAND UM-880 8IN x 8OUT). Finally I have 7 synthesizers and a TR-8 drum machine to connect to the QU-16.

My objective is this:
    1- Outputting the synths audio from the QU-16 to the MacBook 1st USB port, through USB streaming.
    2- At the same time, connect all my synths MIDI IN’s/OUT’s to the UM-880 patch bay, and from this to the MacBook 2nd USB port.
    3- Finally Sync Audio and MIDI inside my DAW, for multitrack recording.

Is this possible ?

Forgive me if this is a newbie question, but I am in the beginning. :O)
    Eduardo Neves

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

My objective is this:

1- Outputting the synths audio from the QU-16 to the MacBook 1st USB port, through USB streaming

. No problem doing that

2- At the same time, connect all my synths MIDI IN’s/OUT’s to the UM-880 patch bay, and from this to the MacBook 2nd USB port.

Midi into your MAC? Thats ok on second port?

3- Finally Sync Audio and MIDI inside my DAW, for multitrack recording.

Your audio is going into the mixer and then into the mac via USB B streaming.
    Are you asking if you can just hit a button on the mixer to play everything at the same time?

I don’t think you can sync via midi between the QU and your synths.
    It should all play ok however and then its up to you to send the incoming audio to wherever you want within your mac to whatever multitrack software you are using.
    USB B will stream all channels seperately to your mac

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.