Qu-16 vs Qu-pac???

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-16 vs Qu-pac???

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of higradeguy
    higradeguy
    Participant

Hi Qu Fans…

So I had finally narrowed my mixer purchase down to the Qu-16 because I really like to have fader control at events but I started doing a little more research on the Qu-pac. When I first saw it I thought it was merely a faderless Qu-16 but then discovered it was actually a faderless Qu-32. Now my decision became a bit more difficult. Are there any other Qu-pac users on the boards? Were you happy with the purchase or do you regret not having faders?

I was also contemplating using the Qu-16 in studio for DAW control. How well is this implemented? My other option was to wait for the Behringer X-touch for my studio and possibly use it with the Qu-pac for live shows. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Profile photo of dickiefunk
    dickiefunk
    Participant

Hi,

I recently changed from a QU16 to the QU-PAC. At first I was a little nervous in doing this but I was able to borrow a QU-PAC for a few days to try out before I did. I have to say I was very impressed with the extremely well thought out user interface. I found it had way more controllability than I expected and felt I could confidently mix entirely with the onboard controls. The QU-PAD app makes things even easier.
    I use my QU-PAC for a range of gigs from small acoustic jazz gigs where I’m just running keys, upright bass and a vocal mic through FOH to corporate functions for large bands with audiences of up to 300-400 people. Having this much power and controllability in such a small lightweight box is superb and I’m loving the QU-PAC.

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

QuPac is awesome!
    I thought I’d miss my QU24’s faders but I don’t!
    The last major QuPad upgrade allowing two iPads completed the product.
    Having said that, I left my iPads at home by accident a few weeks back but did the gig from the front panel very easily. It took 5 or 10 minutes to set up a couple of custom screens and the rest was plain sailing. It really is a dream product, even a qu16 in a flightcase is quite hefty. The power of a qu32 in such a small box is great, and the price per channel is worth mentioning too.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I use a QU16, but I leave it onstage.

All my mixing is done from the iPad, and I have to say it’s excellent.
    I am thinking about getting a BCF2000 to try and get me some remote faders (8 is normally enough), but the iPad works and it means no multicore etc…

Profile photo of loopy
    loopy
    Participant

Just recently got my QU-Pac and I was at a crossroads between the Qu-pac or qu-32. I think the question that most soundguys have to answer is, can they go forward without the feel of faders? I ultimately chose the Qu-pac for the more bang for your buck, smaller footprint and the option to upgrade/more channels if needed. I love the option to be compact for my smaller gigs not needing more than 16 channels, but yet have the ability to have more channels with my dsnake box. Also a big plus, not having to depend on your Ipad and the ability to function from the box.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

If Berry did a version of the XTouch that was for live sound (i.e. with a superstrip instead of a million studio buttons) then I’d want one, badly.

If A&H released a QU16 surface (maybe one with more ‘layer’ buttons) as a remote control for the QU series (from the QU16 left on stage to the QUPac) then there would, I’m sure, be more than one purchaser.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.