QU-16 USB B streaming with effects?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-16 USB B streaming with effects?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of honieddruggist
    honieddruggist
    Participant

Hi All

I’m a newbie to the forum so apologies if I’m covering old ground.

I’m trying to stream a live event to Concert Window using the USB B streaming capability via a MacBook Pro.

In simple terms I want to add FX, eq etc. to the USB stream rather than streaming a dry output.

The block diagram shows USB B as post pre-amp but pre FX so is there a way to route the processed signal from channel 1 for example back to another channel (say 15) so that the USB stream gets the effects? Alternatively is it possible to route the effects directly to the USB stream?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Depending on the channel count you can route the FX returns to a “spare” channel.

There is also a Global “USB source” option – this can take it from further down the chain than the preamp, including things like eq…

Profile photo of honieddruggist
    honieddruggist
    Participant

Only using 2 condenser mics and 2 DIs so plenty of spare channels to reroute the FX.

Are there any youtube tutorials or links that would talk me through how to do this.

<There is also a Global “USB source” option – this can take it from further down the chain than the preamp, including things like eq…>

Where in the menus would I find the Global “USB source” option that you mention?

Thanks

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Manual Page 59 deals with USB routing, including the source selection – actually called CH/ST Source – mea culpa

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.